Parkliner changes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Parkliner changes

The Director of Operations from Parkliner emailed me that the interior walls of the trailers no longer have the fuzzy stuff but now are double wall construction that is a white smooth fiberglass just like the exterior. Awesome. Plus they no longer sell factory direct but will, within sixty days, be using a dealer network.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I will also suggest taking a look at Parkliner. Their new model has a sleek, all-molded interior and retro-styled shape that might appease your wife. It's only 15-16' long, so it should be an easy tow with your Taco, but it manages to pack in a queen-sized bed, separate dinette, wet bath, and 6'5" of interior headroom...
Quote:
This is the updated model. Don't know if this is what you were looking at. The only wood components are the maple cabinet doors. Oliver is the only manufacturer offering mirrored or smoked glass cabinet doors, so unless you want to do an upgrade yourself, Oliver is it.
ParkLiner Introduces Longer 16-Foot Model: Designed to Give You Peace of Mind! – ParkLiner
Yes, that was what I sent you in the link in the other thread.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #3

Florida
Yes, that was what I sent you in the link in the other thread.

Sorry Jon. By that point in the posts I had already knocked them out of the running for other reasons than the interior walls. At that point I was concerned about all the wood. But I have decided to customize anything I buy now because nobody has exactly what I want. And last night I revisited their website, decided I could work with their model, and wrote them an email. My apologies to you. Any other tips I hope you continue to send on and get my attention.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
And I should not have been so ungracious in pointing it out. I apologize. You had so much information flying at you, it's not in the least surprising that some of it got lost in the fray.

I wish you the best in sorting all of it out.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
And I should not have been so ungracious in pointing it out. I apologize. You had so much information flying at you, it's not in the least surprising that some of it got lost in the fray.

I wish you the best in sorting all of it out.
I didn't take it that way at all. Glad to have all your input. And, if you can, please stop me from making a big mistake.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Non wood floor, new owner Mr. Mendes, and three other press releases here
http://serroscottytrailers.com/news/
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #7

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
I've been following these threads about the new Parkliner and now have a renewed interest in this TT. I just called the corporate office at Liberty and now have more information on these TT's. Both the 16 and 20 will have double hulls with insulation between making them 4 season! At first glance, the heating, water heater can be operated with propane or electric so an all-electric TT is possible. This is of interest to me but probably not everyone. The new 20' will sell for $35K+ depending on the options package. Don't know what those packages are yet. The campers will be available for preview in October. Gotta get on the newsletter to get details. Probably the egg rally in NC????

Michael....I'm in agreement with your wife. I'm not a fan of those wood doors so, if something else is not available, I would replace them with either tempered, frosted glass or solid surface (Corian). I would also like to see the weight on both of these units!

Watch out Oliver!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
I've been following these threads about the new Parkliner and now have a renewed interest in this TT. I just called the corporate office at Liberty and now have more information on these TT's. Both the 16 and 20 will have double hulls with insulation between making them 4 season! At first glance, the heating, water heater can be operated with propane or electric so an all-electric TT is possible. This is of interest to me but probably not everyone. The new 20' will sell for $35K+ depending on the options package. Don't know what those packages are yet. The campers will be available for preview in October. Gotta get on the newsletter to get details. Probably the egg rally in NC????

Michael....I'm in agreement with your wife. I'm not a fan of those wood doors so, if something else is not available, I would replace them with either tempered, frosted glass or solid surface (Corian). I would also like to see the weight on both of these units!

Watch out Oliver!
We took a tour of the Oliver plant in Tennessee last Tuesday the 27th. Very impressed. Well-built trailer. Oliver has an air space between the double hulls. If Parkliner is filling their entire space with insulation then that will be a deal breaker for me. If the insulation touches both hulls it will conduct moisture and eventually we will have rot or mold or something. Does anyone know the answer to this because if there is an air space I agree, Look out Ollie!
Old 06-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #9

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebooks View Post
We took a tour of the Oliver plant in Tennessee last Tuesday the 27th. Very impressed. Well-built trailer. Oliver has an air space between the double hulls. If Parkliner is filling their entire space with insulation then that will be a deal breaker for me. If the insulation touches both hulls it will conduct moisture and eventually we will have rot or mold or something. Does anyone know the answer to this because if there is an air space I agree, Look out Ollie!
Oh, no! I made an assumption about the insulation. What you're saying makes more sense and an airspace would be the way to go. I did ask about the tanks being inside the hull and that is true. Ugh....sorry to have mislead you. So...did you buy it?

I was very intent on the Oliver at one time but they could or would not provide the cassette toilet. That's a deal breaker for me. Also, I needed a wider aisle and the Ollie's is only 25". Dogs need to be able to make a U-turn!
Old 06-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #10

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
I was very intent on the Oliver at one time but they could or would not provide the cassette toilet. That's a deal breaker for me.
Whilst I and many others are the opposite - with a cassette toilet being the deal breaker instead of a plumbed one with a black tank. Curious though - why would a regular RV toilet be a "deal breaker" if you liked the rest of the trailer? They're common, easy to use, easy to dump, and easy to clean. Tried and true. Puzzled.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Re cassette toilet.
The older you get, the more of a struggle to carry weight, other than around the middle.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #12

Florida
What is a cassette toilet? The standard Ollie only comes with plumbed/black tank. I wanted a composting toilet. Only available in the Ollie II. And no, we have not purchased anything yet. Need to sell my cabin.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:53 PM   #13

Delaware
I've used the cassette while camping in Europe where most small campers have them. They can get emptied as frequently as you wish making it as heavy or as light as you can handle. It's a preference; stinky slinky is not for me.

Michael...there's a good video on the Lil Snoozy website that demonstrates the cassette.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #14

Florida
Ah yes, I have seen that. You open a door in rear and slide it out and just dump it in any toilet, portajohn, or outhouse, right?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #15

Delaware
Quote:
Ah yes, I have seen that. You open a door in rear and slide it out and just dump it in any toilet, portajohn, or outhouse, right?
Yep. That's it. In most of UK, there are actually stainless steel dumping ports where you can clean the cassette after dumping. Not bad or smelly if you can do frequent dumps!
Old 06-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #16

Florida
I would like that. So far to your knowledge which trailers offer a cassette toilet? This is very helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #17

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
It's a preference; stinky slinky is not for me.
Understood, but the Oliver also has a gray tank. You'd still need to dump via the "stinky slinky" even if you had a cassette toilet, no? Or was the objection that it had tanks at all?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
they can get emptied as frequently as you wish making it as heavy or as light as you can handle.
Might as well leave it in your bladder then.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #19

Delaware
Quote:
I would like that. So far to your knowledge which trailers offer a cassette toilet? This is very helpful. Thanks.
Unfortunately, not many here in US. Barefoot caravans will be brought to the states from UK. I'll need to go back in time to see which of the fiberglass manufacturers have them available. The Nest (now Airstream) was one. In the past few months I've been looking at Class B's and most of them can be modified to have a cassette. They are becoming more popular in that group. I'm finding that the price is too high for me so I'm back to the trailer hunt.

I've attached a photo of a cassette in a Sprinter. Cool!
Old 06-30-2017, 03:54 PM   #20

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
What is a cassette toilet?
Basically it is a glorified 5 gallon plastic bucket with a toilet seat and lid.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner