Parkliner owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Parkliner owners

We recently purchased a used ParkLiner and we live in Washington state. It was one of the very first off the production line and Chandler has made numerous improvements since then. We hope to make some of these fixes ourselves and our intention was to accomplish that before "going public" with our purchase.

I have PM'd a few people who have voiced an interest in seeing a ParkLiner on the forum and two couples have come to take a look. It seems unfair to ask them to keep our ParkLiner a secret, so now they are "off the hook."

We are waiting to receive some items from Chandler so that we can do some of the upgrades. I don't spend much time on the forum, so it may take awhile before I respond if there are lots of questions about our trailer. That was another reason why I hesitated to post about owning one.

Since this is the time of year when many are considering purchasing a new trailer, we thought it would be helpful for those in our part of the country to know that there is a ParkLiner out here that they can view in person. We have owned many trailers over the years, including quite a few molded fiberglass trailers, and ParkLiner definitely is a unique model. The most obvious difference is the feeling of spaciousness inside the trailer. The fact that it has a queen bed as well as a small dinette make it unusual as well. Add to this, the fact that it has a good sized bathroom, quite a bit of storage space, and lacks the usual "claustrophobic" feeling I have had in other small trailers, it is truly unique.

It is quite easy to tow but we haven't done enough of that yet to determine its effect on our gas mileage. It will be in the construction (or re-construction) mode for awhile yet, so we can't say much about using it at this point.

We are happy to show it to any in our area who would like to see a ParkLiner up close. We live in SW Washington.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaK View Post
...two couples have come to take a look. It seems unfair to ask them to keep our ParkLiner a secret, so now they are "off the hook."...
Whew, i don't have to hide in the shadows any more

Now that i am "Off the hook." i will share a few things:

1) If Linda is anything close to the nice person her hubby is (Pete showed us around) it will be a pleasure to meet her.

2) Pete is an amazing tour guide! He showed us all the ins-outs and little secrets of the prototype.

3) Chandler is a joy to speak with over the phone and i hope we can meet in person at some EggFest down the road.

...OK so our impression of the "Prototype".

When i spoke with Chandler the day before getting the tour, Chandler was quite apologetic and asked me to basically put my imagination-cap on because he believed there were so many things he wished he could update. So onto our impression...

Amazing.

To think that what Cari and i were sitting in was one of the first off the line would not have crossed our minds if no one had mentioned it before hand. We have sat in many small trailers over the years and NEVER did we walk away with the feeling of openness and marine quality fit & finish we saw in the Parkliner. When we closed our car door after the "Tour" we looked at each other and stated in unison we were ordering one the next morning. I completed all the faxing and requisite ordering the next day after finishing up some last minute questions with Chandler on the phone. AND we did that because...drum roll...IF the current generation of production Parkliners is as nice or nicer than the prototype we are gonna have one sweeeet rig!

Happy Trails,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #3

Not sure who "George" was; guess I missed more than I thought I did! Glad you enjoyed seeing the ParkLiner. It is a special "egg."

Linda (and Pete)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #4

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

HA! What a slip! It sure was PETE. I had met a George in the RV-Egg research mode and had exchanged several emails and had George on my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaK View Post
Not sure who "George" was; guess I missed more than I thought I did! Glad you enjoyed seeing the ParkLiner. It is a special "egg."

Linda (and Pete)
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Hi Linda!

Just about a month ago I bought my ParkLinerfrom a forum member here named Harry, mine was born in Feb 2012, hull #4. So was yours a prototype or one of the first few early ones? I would love to see some pictures of yours!

Im making some changes, next week when I get to where my ParkLiner is currrently being stored till the end of february I have led's to replace the incandescent lightbulbs, one cushion left to reupholster, then take measurements I will be modifying my large table so if the need arises I can fold it in half to fit in the closet and a cushion that would fit between the backrest ones where the table normally would be... eventually will make it and have pictures lol... only so much time to get so many projects done lol.

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #6

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Hi new Parkliner owners. How big are the black and gray tanks? does the water tank have a drain? Is the floor fiberglass or wood?
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #7

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Hi Chuck!

Mine has a 30 gallon grey water tank, porta pottie, so no black tank...Im gonna be adding a drain for the water tank this spring as well as the deverter for the water heater, and the floor is 1" marine plywood thats been treated with marine spar varnish.

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #8

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Thanks Linda & Pete for the insight on your Prototype Parkliner, I'm sure with your updates and mods its going to be a great trailer.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #9

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Linda,
Did you have your trailer delivered cross country and if so was the cost reasonable? Plus, I see you have a 19" Escape, pray tell how do you decide in which one to use?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #10

Not a prototype

Definition of prototype:
A first or original example of something from which others have been or will be developed, a trial model.

First, I need to clarify that our ParkLiner is not technically a "prototype." The last we heard, Chandler possesses the actual prototype. Ours was the second one produced (according to our vin number) so it is simply one of the earliest actual production models. The previous owner, who lives in WA state, made this very clear to us and gave us a great deal of info about the history of our particular trailer. However, in talking with Chandler after our purchase, he stated, "I kind of see your ParkLiner as a prototype due to the changes I have made since it came off the production line."

The differences between our PL and later models are merely cosmetic and our goal is to make our trailer up to the current PL standard. We actually like one of the features of ours that is no longer a PL component; we have spring-loaded hidden hinges on all of the cabinet doors and we like the look of these. Our potty cubby does not have the fiberglass door; it initially had a plastic curtain, but Chandler is sending us a fiberglass door which is what the current models have. Chandler has also made some changes in the way the bathroom door is framed and we are working on achieving that current look as well.

We also like our cushion fabric and curtain colors which are apparently no longer an option for current models. By the way, the quality of the foam and fabric used in ParkLiners is excellent and quite impressive. We don't have the 'magic' table which is an option in ParkLiner, but Pete plans on eventually creating that feature in ours as well.

We do own a 19ft. Escape and love it! At this point, now that we are both newly retired, we are not sure how we will decide which to use. Not having had the opportunity to use either one very much yet, we can't really address that topic. It will be interesting to experience the differences and make some comparisons. We like the smaller size of the PL for ease of towing, while having the feeling inside that it is a much larger trailer. This is the most amazing feature for us.

If you are interested in photos, you can see earlier model photos on the PL Facebook page. We look forward to our future camping adventures in both of our molded fiberglass trailers.

There are distinct differences between our two trailers, but they both have their unique advantages. As with all other aspects of human existence, our feeling is that there is no "perfect trailer."

Happy Trails!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
His 'n hers trailers, maybe! Lol. I can see it now: you pull into a campsite and park them side by side. "Couldn't decide which one to bring, so we brought both..."

If you get tired of either one and want to give it away, I'm here for ya!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner