Parkliner Owners - anyone in Pacific Northwest ? - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #1

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Question Parkliner Owners - anyone in Pacific Northwest ?

Greetings,

Any Parkliner owner in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, or Northern California?

My wife and i will purchase an egg this year and would like to include parkliner on the list of possibilities and would drive to see one...

OR... come visit us on the Oregon Coast & we will pay for a night at the rv/golf resort here in astoria. We live full time at the Resort so it would be a fun Win/Win for both of us if you want to visit our beautiful spot on the soggy coast

Astoria Oregon RV Park, Lewis & Clark Golf and RV Park

Cheers,
Thom & Cari

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Wish i could travel that far this summer!

Deryk

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #3

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

me too. If no one takes the bait i might just order one sight unseen. After all, if you see/read it on the Internet it must be true right? (kidding aside, they look like very nice rigs, and i might just have to take owners words as my guide.)

Thom
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
yeah i was a little nervous i bought hull #4 lol but i checked it out and it looked rock solid so i bought it....you can put a deposit on it and when you get there if your not happy which i couldn't see why...can always cancel it. I'm happy so far...looks like i could pack alot into it which is what matters...even more if i left the bed down!

deryk
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #5

Name: LKG907
Trailer: Casita 17'SD
Washington
There will be all kinds of eggs to view at Maryhill on the weekend of May 18th. Go for a drive and have a look see. Maryhill State park is on the Wa. side of the river, just a bit upriver from Portland
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #6

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Or go the two meets in Oregon one in April and one in July - the rally map is here for locations and dates. Have seen lots of other trailer brands at some of the big meets here on the coast but cant recall seeing a Parkline though....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #7

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Thom, If you need any feedback or info on the Parkliner send me a pm and I'll be happy to talk with you. Tim
Old 01-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #8

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Thanks Tim i might take you up on that.
I printed out the MSRP sheet and will be setting aside some ponder-time with my wife. Then i will call Parkliner Monday and see what they can do for us. I also have to take into consideration the expense of transporting it from NC to our place on the Oregon coast. . . and it might be worth it.

Our first choice up to this Parkliner research is a new Trillium out of Arizona & the San Francisco Bay Area dealership (14 hour drive). BUT, i have to say, that once we saw (in pictures) the overhead storage finish in the Parkliner vs the shelf in Trillium we got really interested. Then the idea of the porta-potti cupboard is perfect for us. We go off grid and our last off-road rig was plugged in to sewer/power once in the two seasons we had it before selling it (an A-Liner, pain in the butt to lift the roof up/down in our PNW weather/winds). Our camping style forces us to think outside the box and get creative with the fluids/solids/trash. We are allowed to water the shrubs in the PNW with gray water, and the porta-loo is easy to get rid of the solids in a way that does not impact the environment. Black tank is not an option. So Parkliner slides into #1 for now.

: ) Thom
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #9

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Escape North of you will deliver to your door if needed. If interested A call to them will tell you the nearest one to see. Just tossing out another idea, Happy shopping.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #10

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Thom, No problem anytime is fine. We are getting ready to make our 3wk Fla. trip in early Feb. We are going to stop at Parkliner on the way down do see how things are going, and hopefully have a deadbolt put on too. I'm always interested in what Chandler has new.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #11

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

thanks for the note on the Escape Ken. They look well made though my wife and i ruled them out when we saw all the wood-laminate inside and slider windows. Here in the Pacific Northwest the Jalousie Windows like Trillium and Parkliner have are a must. We live full time in a 38ft Mobile Suite with thermal pane jalousie windows on all sides and they are a pleasure in rain (~80 inches a year) or shine ( which we don't have much of!).

: ) Tim, thx again, and if we don't PM before your trip have a great time!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #12

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
. Here in the Pacific Northwest the Jalousie Windows like Trillium and Parkliner have are a must.
A number of Escape owners and Scamp owners have added the Window MaxxAir Vents to solve that issue. I have been very happy with how well they work on the Wet Coast.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #13

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
A number of Escape owners and Scamp owners have added the Window MaxxAir Vents to solve that issue...
Thanks Carol : ) Yes the MaxxAir window treatment does the trick in inclement weather. We've just been spoiled i suppose with a purpouse built stock solution in the Jalousie style. . . and we are also partial to their sort of retro-look and also the added measure of security they typically afford as we park off-road up in the hills.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #14

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
American Boler http://americanboler.com/ in your own home state might have Jalousie style according to their website. Didn't know if you took a peek at them already or not so I thought I would toss it out there. If you wanted to talk to the owner his contact info is The Egg Plant

Tags
parkliner