Parkliner set up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #1

Name: Laurel
Trailer: parkliner
Maryland
Parkliner set up

When we met with Chandler to pick up the parkliner, I tried to write down a list of set up and take down steps. Now as I read over it, the steps seem confusing to me. I am new to trailer camping! Would someone mind sending me a list outlining the steps? This is where having an owners manual would come in handy!
LaurelMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #2

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelMS View Post
When we met with Chandler to pick up the parkliner, I tried to write down a list of set up and take down steps. Now as I read over it, the steps seem confusing to me. I am new to trailer camping! Would someone mind sending me a list outlining the steps? This is where having an owners manual would come in handy!
I was in the same boat.

What I did was open the covers on all the sitting areas and study what was inside. Then I traced the water flow to understand what all the valves were for. I took a picture and marked on it what was the open position and what was closed.

Then I turned the propane on and lit the stove. Then I switched the refrigerator to propane and lit it. It's hard to see when it lights, so here's what you can try. If you listen carefully, you can here the ignition light. You should also feel some heat on the pipe leading from the ignition. And lastly, (someone elses suggestion), get an empty paper towel tube and use that to see if the propane ignited properly. Then light the heater. You should feel heat coming out of the heater pretty quickly.

Turn things on so you understand what runs on the battery and what requires shore power.

Put a few gallons in the fresh water tank. Experiment until you understand how this system works.

Then hook up to city water. Note that you have water pressure and don't need to use the water pump like you did with fresh water. Try the shower and toilet. Run enough water to clear out any antifreeze in the system.

Make sure hot water tank valves are open and run water through hot water tank. Run at sink until water is clear.

Hook up hose to grey tank and dump. At this point, water should be just water and antifreeze, so spilling is no big deal. You could dump anywhere and it shouldn't be a problem. I suggest you pull on the hose and see if it pulls lose from the connector. Mine did and made a mess, but since it was just water no big deal.

Use a level to level the trailer. I use these - one above the hitch and one on the entrance side of the trailer about halfway down. First you level the wheels, then front to back. You can use something like a 2" x 10" or buy leveler blocks.

If you use the refrigerator while traveling, make sure it is on DC. Then switch to AC if you have electrical hookup or propane if not.

Make sure propane tanks are off when traveling.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #3

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Huck,
Great advice. Nothing is better than a little practice without pressure. Trying to learn how to dump the gray water with three other rigs lined up at the dump station can be a little stressful. Also, I have a sign I always tape to my dashboard to remind myself to stop and fill the fresh H2O holding tank BEFORE backing into the campsite and uncoupling the truck.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:12 AM   #4

Name: Laurel
Trailer: parkliner
Maryland
Thank you Huck. Great advice. I was doing something like that yesterday before I posted. I was trying to set up everything in my driver way but got confused. I will take your suggestions and work a bit more systematically. Any other helpful tips of set up break down tips would be appreciated!
LaurelMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Not specific to the Parkliner, but if you go to YouTube and search for " Casita travel trailer orientation" there is a series of videos about set up.

Tags
parkliner