ParkLiner would Appreciate Advertising Advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #15

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1996 Scamp 16
South Dakota
The first thing you should do is fix your website. I tried last night and today to access parkliner.com and the website doesn't work. As a buyer I would question the reliability of your company based on that, or I wouldn't even consider you at all. Find a reliable web host. I work in the IT field. Feel free to PM me if you want recommendations.

---------
1996 Scamp 16
HighPlainsDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #16

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
The amount of people that attend this show is unreal.

If your really wanting to sale some campers, and I'm certain you do, you NEED to attend this show. It's the largest in the country and it's a ton of fun.

I'll be there and you should too.

America's Largest RV Show - Public Info

Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #17

Pennsylvania
Here is a small bit of info concerning that show.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRVCA is proud to sponsor the #1 RV Trade/Retail Show in the nation, held annually at the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts® Company – Giant CenterSM, in Hershey, PA. Representatives from states east of the Mississippi attend the trade portion of the show and it ranks #11 out of the 200 largest tradeshows in the U.S. and Canada. 59 leading manufacturers and over 100 supplier vendors are represented. Industry Days bring over 4,500 people to the Hershey area. Public days paid attendance is over 32,000.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #18

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Good advice BigLew and all those RV media outlets attend that one Showcasing what's new.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #19

Pennsylvania
Thanks KC! My wife and I will be just getting back from an Alaska cruise......I know it will be a great trip, but on the other hand I'm REALLY looking forward to the RV Show! Yeah, I know, I'm messed up! lol
Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #20

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
Chandler,

My wife and I had the opportunity to meet you and see your Parkliner in Pennsylvania. It's at the top of our list for next spring.

My story is that when I started thinking about a travel trailer I found blogs of Casita owners and eventually this forum and your site. We visited a couple of RV shows but were put off by the huge rigs and need for massive towing power. The only small trailers being shown were A-Liners and they just didn't work for us. Pop-ups looked like the only light weight option but even they are too heavy. I believe that if we saw a Parkliner and your Honda minivan we might have been sold on the spot. Plenty of people own minivans and if they knew they could tow your trailer (with the bunk beds for the kiddies) I think you would have a hard time keeping up with the demand. Be honest about the weight and towing capacity needed to pull it and I think young families as well as retired couples will be attracted to you.

Best wishes.

Tim Watters
Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #21

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1997 16' and 2012 13' Scamp
Raleigh area, NC
[QUOTE=HighPlainsDrifter;321078]The first thing you should do is fix your website. I tried last night and today to access parkliner.com and the website doesn't work.

Works fine for me. ParkLiner Fiberglass Ultralight Travel Trailers -

Ches
Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #22

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1996 Scamp 16
South Dakota
Must be my cable companies DNS server. It is the only website it cannot find though which is strange.
Joe

---------
1996 Scamp 16
HighPlainsDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #23
JCZ

Name: JC
Trailer: in the market
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
Must be my cable companies DNS server. It is the only website it cannot find though which is strange.
Joe
Ya need to find a more reliable provider.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Name: Chandler
Trailer: Park Liner 15
Thanks for all the great advice! You have all been really helpful. I will reply in more depth and length a little later when I have more time.

A quick note on the parkliner website: I was not able to get it yesterday either, and spent 5 hours on the phone with various entities, all of which blame it on the other; my web guy is vacationing in Ireland, and I am debating whether I want to tackle moving it to another host in his absense. I don't know how long this has been going on or what percentage of people are not able to access it; I went to my brother-in-law's house a few blocks away, and had no trouble, and hear from family in NH and NY that it works fine for them.

Best, Chandler
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #25

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
When I was looking to get off the ground and in to a camper that I could tow with a 4 cylinder car. I did not start looking at RV stores I started with the web. It's faster and cheaper that driving around, plus they don't have any thing other than pop ups and there still a tent. My first camper was a Tear Drop (I still have it) I then went to a Rally to look at them. The same thing with my fiberglass camper I found them on the web (Here) and then looked for some one that had one close that I could go look at. Once again I was sold! So I think you should make sure your web sight gets linked to all the search engines. Also make sure that your sight has more pic's than you think it needs. When my wife was looking at your web sight she said "wheres the bathroom pic's, I want to see pics of the bathroom". That part of a camper is very important to her and probably other women also. By the way I love your Campers design when I am ready to up grade to one to full time in it is going to be one of yours!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #26

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Kirkman, there are a bunch more photos on their facebook if you and your wife are interested. The link is on the front of the Parkliner page. Have a good weekend.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #27

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Ken C..... Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #28

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I can only repeat that you need a GOOD website - that is where many people start their search. Googling Parkliner took me to a 'dead' page. Also put meaningful info on your webpage - dimensions of couch, height of door etc. Are they insulated? Three way fridge? Propane furnace? Do you have an economy model for those who prefer to cook and eat outside and have no interest in a built in kitchen and bathroom?

I have seen at least one Ventura, Trillium, Scamp, Outback, Boler etc - but never a Parkliner. Are there any in Canada? Why not sell me one CHEAP in exchange for exposure? We camp spring, summer and fall in Alberta, Sk and Manitoba mostly at National, Provincial and Regional parks.

Tags
parkliner