parks in Az? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #15
Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
This is not in AZ, but you might like the four mild season climate and much lower taxes and property values. We moved here in 2003 from Phoenix and we love it; it's cooler, quieter, less traffic...

Silver City

Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Here's an RV park you might like while you explore the southwest.

Burro Mountain Homestead

Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #17
Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
I dont really want to get into a big metro area if I can help it...... just need a place to land so I can see whats available...
Christi, Arizona is a big place with a varied climate, so you might want to decide if you want heat in summer or snow in winter, then go from there. But here are some ideas for your future exploring:

Deadhorse State Park - Cottonwood. Good place for exploring the mid-state region, including Flagstaff (snow!) and Prescott.

Fool Hollow SRA - Show Low. The "pine trees as far as the eye can see" area. Again, snow/cold.

Catalina State Park - Tucson. Lots of people like this park. Tucson is a mid-sized city with a variety of housing, and a little cooler than Phoenix.

Lake Pleasant - NW of Phoenix. If you want to explore the Sun City communities west of Phoenix this might be a good perch. And yes, you would have to store your trailer to live in those developments.
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
Trailer: 2000 24 ft Shasta Ultra Flite
My parents have a 1980's trailer in Yuma,last year (4 years after they bought it) the park adopted the 10 year rule, they didn't have to move but if they sell or change ownership (like giving it to me) it has to be removed from the park.
Rick kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II

I'll second the comments on living in Silver City, NM. It's altitude is 5,900 feet. Definately cooler in the summer (and in the winter).

A little to the east, consider Safford, AZ. It's altitude is 2,900 feet. And the land is flatter. You are swapping warmth for avoiding a few days of driving in the ice & snow.

Both are smaller cities with community colleges in the area. Safford just fell off of a mining boom. Recently, the mines had large layoffs. The wide valley still has agriculture.

Hook up that Scamp and tour the area for a while.

Russ & Marian McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19

While we've never encountered any trailer age restrictions in AZ, there are length of stay restrictions. IE our favorite park and mentioned earlier Dead Horse in Cottonwood you can only stay 14 days in I believe a 60 day period.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Payson, AZ yet. Fabulous mountain town.
We have stayed in Payson Campground and thoroughly enjoyed it. Right in town, can walk to a lot of stuff and the owners and hosts are phenomenal. About 20 mi N of town are loads of state and national parks that are gorgeous and very inexpensive to stay. Christopher Creek campground is one that is mentioned quite a bit.

I would figure out the area or town that you wanted first, and then look at the campgrounds. Arizona is loaded with camping options including BLM so there will be no shortage of options once you decide where you are wanting to go.

Make sure you look up all of us AZ FGRV members when you get down here to explore. We moved here 14 years ago after I retired from the airlines and had been about everywhere, this was the choice and never regretted it.

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote