Particulars of a Perris Pacer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13 ft
I've been asking around with friends and neighbors in my hunt for an egg if anyone knows of anything anywhere... I might have a bead on a Perris Pacer... Does anyone know things like the height and weight? Anything in particular I should look out for on this model?
Carol A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Carol, in searching I see we have 11 members who have identified themselves as Perris Pacer owners in the "RV type" portion of their profiles (hint, hint, hint). Chari Benckendorf is the most active member, hopefully she'll pop in and tell you what she knows about her trailer.

Good luck!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:20 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Carol,

The Perris Pacer was very similar to the Scamp 13 in all aspects... the window layout was a little different. The dry weight should be just under 1100 lbs. The over-all height should be around 7' 6" (without A/C of course).

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it's in good condition and the price is right!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #4

Thanks - I worry about "rare"... don't want it to be an orphan... 7'6" sounds pretty extra tall... I don't think that'll fit in the garage, even with little tiny wheels... 3 - 4" shorther and I can get it in there.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 AM   #5

ooo - and look at that! you can search by "rv type"!

learn somethin' new every day!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #6

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
You'll probably have to measure it for an exact height... I don't think I'd even trust the manufacturer's brochures from that era... they were pretty liberal (on the "small" side) with their specifications!

Don't worry about any fiberglass trailer being an "orphan". They all use all of the same systems from third-party manufacturers. The only thing "Perris Pacer" about the Perris Pacer is the body and frame. Everything else is available from RV dealers or on-line. Any reputable welder can do frame repairs, and any body shop or boat repair shop that does fiberglass can repair anything that happens to the body.

Happy hunting!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Thanks - I worry about "rare"... don't want it to be an orphan...
Being an orphan trailer is nothing to worry about. Afterall, all the "workings" of the trailer are made by someone other than the actual trailer manufacturer. For instance, I probably wouldn't be calling Scamp if I had a problem with my Dometic Refrigerator, etc.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
ooo - and look at that! you can search by "rv type"!

learn somethin' new every day!
Caution: The search for RV Type isn't by keyword. It looks for the first word of the field.

For example, to find all members with the "Oxygen" trailer, you need to search for "Bonair Oxygen" (or just "bonair" will do).

If people have put the year of their trailer ahead of the brand name, a brand name search will not pull it up. (i.e., 1999 Casita, needs to be listed as "Casita, 1999" for it to come up when the RV Type search term is "Casita".)

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #9

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Good morning Carol,

I love y Perris Pacer over and above all the others...the reason is the big window over the sink and dinette side of the trailer. Also, it's a little wider than the Scamps or Casitas. And, it is more of a boler than any of the others, other than a boler, and it' doesn't have the big window. Mine is 1979, 13 ft, and weighs about 1500 lbs loaded, and was built at the used to be factory in California, and every time I think about up-grading, nothing else has as much as the Perris Pacer. Please tell me more about the Perris Pacer your looking at. I'll get back on the web page on my lunch hour. Anyway, I think Perris Pacers are the best. Thanks for asking. Chari
Chari Benckendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #10

I really am still without much information on this one... don't even know the year yet and still am not quite sure if it's available (husband is thinking about selling it, wife doesn't like to camp).

I may know something next week - in the meantime, it is going to be an awful long wait!

Tags
perris pacer