pay showers! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #61

Trailer: Boler
Here's my shower rig - a Pahaque shower tent and a pump that feeds water from a 5 gallon jug to a heat exchanger under the hood of the Land Rover and out to a hand held shower head. 5 gallons is easily enough for 3 to 4 showers.

Back in 1974 a friend and I were on an extended camping trip out west towards mid-September and early October when it was starting to get pretty cold in the Colorado high country. We went a week without a shower and when we got to the campground at Grand Canyon we were more than happy to feed a stack of quarters into the pay showers to get warm - even for a little while.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #62
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
I never pay for a shower,that is because I use the nice shower in my trailer. No walking across the camp ground getting cold.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #63

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walter View Post
Back in 1974 a friend and I were on an extended camping trip out west towards mid-September and early October when it was starting to get pretty cold in the Colorado high country. We went a week without a shower and when we got to the campground at Grand Canyon we were more than happy to feed a stack of quarters into the pay showers to get warm - even for a little while.
First time I ever saw pay showers was on the north rim of the grand canyon. They said it cost a lot of money to pump the water all the way up so they charged for showers. That was about 20 years ago.

Frankenmuth Mi. campground had them and it was sort of annoying. Almost 100% pull through sites, with full hookups. So the "big rigs" got their shower included in the price. Especially if they had an electric element in their water heater.

Oh and the shower was not a hot shower by any stretch, one temp, no adjustment, just warm enough to not be cold. Nice park other than that.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #64

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
my wife Karen and I paid $2.00 ea. , for our last 2 showers of 8 minutes each. We used the shower together and the amount of time was OK.

TMI Kenny...
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #65

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Well there is the old saying: "Save water, shower with a friend"! (More fun too!!!)
On another note I am impressed with all the comments on this thread that I started. I never thought pay showers were that prolific. It has been a good and informative topic. Just one more reason to have on in my unit, which I intend to move into eventually.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote