Perris Pacer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Perris Pacer
Thumbs up

Good morning, we are totally new to travel trailers and wanted some feedback on this pull trailer. It is a Perris Pacer and in very good condition. All appliances are original and in good working order. It sleeps 4 (2 small bunks and a double bed). The interior has good cushions and the flooring. They are old but in good condition. It is definately well used. My husband and I together weigh around 470 pds. is that a concern for this small all fiberglass travel trailer? I've also noticed that prices range widely on travel trailers. Thank you for your feedback on anything you can share about this specific brand including it's value.
Rosanna Opperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Rosanna, welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you found us. I've moved this topic out of the For Sale - Referrals and into General Chat. I'm assuming (don't ya hate that!), that you are looking for information regarding the Perris Pacer, rather than trying to sell it You may get more looks in this topic. I'll leave it to others to answer your questions.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Hi, Rosanna,

I don't know the first answer, no idea, but my gut feeling is that if it is supposed to fit four people, it will be fine with two at the weight your state.

Second part, is it worth it? I suspect the reason you are getting lots of looks and no opinions is the rarity of the Perris Pacer and the limited number of pictures we've seen of this particular one.

A lot of "Is it worth it" depends on what it is worth to you: location, layout, what would you need to change, what looks good as is. Look at what else you could get for the same amount of money or a little more, and see if it seems reasonable.

I wonder why it hasn't sold, and I don't know how much of that is, again, the rarity of the Perris Pacer. But it may be overpriced, considering it hasn't sold yet. A lower offer might be in order if you otherwise like it.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #4

Name:   toy.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  51.5 KB

Hi I was going to write something today. I saw this posted late last night and I got an email request on how I like mine Perris Valley Pacer. I am the original owner. I purchased mine in 1985 and it is just like the one that you are looking at but in it original condition. My wife and I love ours. We have taken it everywhere.

Three major problems it might be the same on other Brands - that we came across. 1) The axle spindle are 1100 pounds on this model (if you over load the trailer you will have bent spindles) I replaced my axle 3400 pounds to make it stronger - I am a rock hound. 2) The frame is weak under the door - I had to make it stronger. 3) The dinette bed is quite narrow for large people it measured only 44 inches wide and 77 inches long.

Your weight that you are concerned about it no problem when the trailer not moving. Parked, hitch up or with level jacks you should be just fine. Travling with over weight bouncing puts stress on light weight axle.

I removed the top bunk so my tailer sleep three adults.

I do all my own work. I live near Los Angeles. I built a new frame. extended the tongue, put in a new axle, large ref with freezer, large stove, new cushions, new curtains, additional cabinets, screen door and awning.

The person who wrote me with the current price is a good price. My brother in law just bought an 1981 Scamp for $3,100.00 last week and need some work. Which I am helping him with.

I know Perris isn't a well known name and it was in business for 10 years. If I wanted a trailer right now I would buy it. The ceiling is higher than the 13 foot scamp that my brother in law bought. He can stand up in mine.

I like mine over Scamp. I have taken it everywhere and have it set up for off road use. 4X4.

If you don't over load the trailer and it hasn't been over loaded, you shouldn't have any problems.

Any others questions or help send me a email. I don't always check this site daily.

Martin
Attached Images

Martin F S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #5

Hi Martin, thank you so much for your thorough responses to our questions about the Pacer. We are going to go for it for $3000. Your upgrades sound good can we email you in the future on how you did your upgrades? The immediate one is how your made the frame under the door stronger. Happy rock hunting
Rosanna Opperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry

A new owner! Congrats!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Hi Martin, thank you so much for your thorough responses to our questions about the Pacer. We are going to go for it for $3000. Your upgrades sound good can we email you in the future on how you did your upgrades? The immediate one is how your made the frame under the door stronger. Happy rock hunting
Hi Rosanna,

It's Martin glad I could help you!

What State and City do you reside in? Yes, you can email me anytime be sure to give me yours so I can reply to your questions? (I see you have it private on your card).

I just had to be honest about the Pacer. So you would get all the information you needed to make the right decision and know what to do to fix any problems. If might not happen with this one like it did mine.

I am glad I made the upgrades. Especially making it stronger. Since I do alot of off roading with my 4X4 and hauling all those rocks.

My wife is happy that I put in a large ref-freezer, big stove and added shelf beside the stove. (My ref. went out a couple of months ago - original). My little egg is ready to start rolling again.

I did all my own fabrication, modification and installation on this trailer. (I have built others trailers and a custom motor home before I bought this one) and sold them. If you need any help with yours let me know.

I think that is a fair price for the Pacer. Especially if you want to do some upgrade by making it stronger.

Let me know you got it!

Martin
Martin F S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I did all my own fabrication, modification and installation on this trailer.

You made the counter extension over the front bunk?
That looks like it was factory made! Very nice!

Tags
perris pacer