Phoenix to Huntington Beach - what to see/where to stay - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Name: Vic
Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Phoenix to Huntington Beach - what to see/where to stay

Hoping to get some idea of things to do and see along this route. Monique and I are flying into Phoenix in late January, and will have some 4 days to drive to Huntington Beach, just south of LA. We won't be camping, and are planning on visiting friends in Yuma.

Any ideas on what to see/where to stay?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
There are thousands of options of things to do in Southern California. Huntington Beach is basically a suburb of Los Angeles in the grand scheme of things. It would help if you narrow down the inquiry with interests. What do you like to do? I mean, there is the usual theme park stuff, Disneyland, Knott's berry Farm, Universal Studios, etc. But if you're not into those things, no point in mentioning them. There is all kinds of shopping from the wholesale district in L.A. to South Coast Plaza and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills for upscale shopping. There is wine county around Temecula. Beaches and museums. You name it and you can do almost anything here in the winter because the weather is still nice, although colder than usual right now. Some parameters might help others give you some more meaningful suggestions.

trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
From Phoenix I would drive through Quartzsite Arizona if you’re going through in late January then down to Yuma Arizona and come in to California by the sand dunes of Glamis. From Glamis up to the Salton Sea and then go through Anza Borrego to Julian California for some apple pie and then down to San Diego and then head up the coast to Huntington Beach. You will see all the best Southern California has to offer. Be warned Southern California in January may warp your mind into relocation.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Name: Vic
Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Thanks for the quick notes. We are sightseers and museum types, not so much for shopping. Love good food, although Monique is a gluten-free vegan. Any restaurants along the way would also be welcome suggestions.

Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Phoenix has the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) that although I thought would be a real boring waste of time, I WAS WRONG and look forward to going again. It covers all genre of music world wide, but I really enjoyed the jazz & rock & roll sections.

check it out
Musical Instrument Museum
David B. is online now   Reply With Quote