Picked up our Scamp Monday! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #29
Name: Carol & Jim
Trailer: New 2015 16' Scamp
We are getting a 16' Scamp with layout 6-no bath(we have a commode that we are going to set up)This is compromise with the DH! We will have delivered to Tiger, Rabun County, Georgia around Aug 19th to 24th.Been camping all my 62 years with all kinds of camps-mostly tents with DH of 22 yrs. Now we are both on SS, we have to get out there!!!!!! And I know he will keep it clean so what waxes/cleaners are recommended? Please and thanks in advance for the welcomes! The Vanderwalkers

Vanderscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #30
Name: Carol & Jim
Trailer: New 2015 16' Scamp
List of necessities for PATCHWORK

How much trailer camping have you done Patchwork? Go to TheTouringCamper.com for a Facebook page, but better a Pinterest page of lots of info and ideas if you have kids or not. They have a camper's checklist that is pretty good, but not totally complete. You have to decide what you want. Take a laptop, weather radio, water filter system, LED nightlites, maps, medicines, spare fuses and tools. Extra blocks of wood help level. Our microwave is also convection as is our toaster oven and I sneak in the slow cooker. We like simple healthy cooking on the road so :canned fruit & veg, tuna, quick brown rice mixes, Bisquick, cornbread mix, and add-ins for salads. Step stool/ladder, extra water in jugs(back of truck) and a grill for carnivores outside cooking. ET cetera! And David Smith says call anytime. What I need to know is does the fridge come with ice cube trays? We plan on an ice chest and ice for the summer trips. Many happy trails. The Vanderwalkers

Vanderscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #31
Name: Faith
Trailer: currently shopping for a Scamp
Have just read a book by a woman who paddled from the actual mouth of the Allegheny River to Pittsburgh and then did the Ohio River to the Mississippi. I'd really like to see where the Mississippi begins (not Itaska State Park but the real source). Then just explore areas down toward Denver. We're really getting excited and rarin; to go.

PatchWork is offline   Reply With Quote