Pickup Lil Snoozy July 10th - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Originally Posted by DavArl

Thanks Denny. We spoke on the phone recently. If we go thru the Detroit area in August I'll try annd touch base to see the mods you are making. I'm not as handy as you but would love to see what ideas you came up with.

Dave, you are welcome anytime. At the rate I'm progressing I'll still be working on the Snoozy in August.

MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
First thing I'd do is stop at scales and get weighed, your tow weight capacity is 2400# and carrying capacity is 900#, which will include your tongue weight, occupants,fuel,luggage in the car. That trailer maybe a little too much for your Subaru. Outback may be a better choice.

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
subaru towing

We originally were going to tow our Snoozy with our Subaru Outback, but she has over 130000 miles and we thought it would be a bit much. Do you really think a 4 cal. Subaru can pull the Snoozy up some of those hills we encountered in N.Carolina?? We are waiting for Subaru to import their diesel, but won't hold our breath. We installed a pull down bike rack on our Lil Boozy with pics in another forum. We can easily get into the trailer with the bikes on, and just chain them to a tree when we're out and about. Enjoy your new toy...we love ours. Happy Trails
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Many people find it helpful to camp a few days close to the manufacturer after pickup to work out any little bugs or questions. Lucky for you, South Carolina has a number of state parks near Lil Snoozy. We've camped twice at Santee, but that's the opposite direction from home for you. There's also a state park north of Columbia (Sesquicentennial) and one on Lake Murray (Dreher Island SP), just west of Columbia. We've not stayed at either, but perhaps someone can chime in. The one on Lake Murray offers lakeview camping.
I've never towed with anything as small as your Outback, so I'll defer to those who have. That said, if you've never towed anything before, the hills of the Parkway (and even the I-26 into NC with the long stretch of 6 or 7 per cent grades up and down at Green River Gorge) might be a bit of a challenge for the first trip out. Beautiful, though, and highly recommended for scenery.
For your August trip, I can recommend Letchworth, as did another person earlier. We had a camping family reunion there a few years ago. It is a very large, very beautiful park. The Finger Lakes are beautiful, but we camp in a relative's driveway there. We've camped in both the Adirondacks and Catskills. Also lovely, and some great views in many of the campgrounds. We did the trip around the top of the Lakes on the TransCanada a few years back, from NY to Minnesota, and thoroughly enjoyed that. Our neighbors to the north are great hosts, and have some wonderful camping to offer in the Provincial Parks... hard to even pick a favorite spot on that trip!
Enjoy your new camper!
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #19
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Yes, Alan suggested camping at a park on a lake near him. I plan on spending two nights there as you said to work out the kinks and get acquanted with this new adventure!!! We'll definitely look into your suggestions.

DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote