Pictures of our uhaul - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #15

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Wow Bob, I love the idea of re-useing parts. (Stainless doors) Not only does it look good, it is practical. I kinda like things that match and the Uhaul with the original sink and stove vent is stainless. Just a touch of finesse.
Mary is so talented...I cannot imagine a sewing job like that. Wonderful!
Thanks for those instructions.
I think one of the most needed things in our trailers is a silverware drawer. However I also want to put utensils in there also. Am using one of those little plastic boxes now with three drawers but it takes up too much space in the trailer even though it is small. So I like the slider drawer.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #16

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I like it !

Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #17

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Diane, you can keep your silverware in one and utensils in another, it's not very deep, but holds ours good
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #18

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Mary & Bob, There is another thread here about "what we want for Christmas for our little Fiberglass Trailers...I just noticed Mary's Hand sewn Wall hanging...The Quilt with the little Trailer...I should think if that were in the FG store it would sell out.
So Cute, would love to have one of those.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #19

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
Very Homey

Mary and Bob, what a labor of love.
Your trailer has one of the 'homiest' (?) looking interiors I've ever seen.
Beautiful quilting work really creates the cozy atmosphere.
Great storage ideas here, too.
Looks like you both worked together to create an inviting little home on wheels.
Nice Job!!!

Fran
Compact II, 1974
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #20

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Such a sweet, homey camper! I love what you did with the place! I, too, love the camper hanging. You could easily sell those on Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies.
Gilda
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #21

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Oooooh, I just noticed some mini campers on the kitchen counter. Where did you get those? I also love your kitchen hot pad with the camper on it. One more thing...How do you attach the fold-up counter extension without ruining the fiberglass?
Thanks
Gilda
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #22

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
About the camper toys; the larger one is called 'Lil Sammy Plush Toy, it's a soft thing, says "Uhaul" on it, it's available on ebay or from Uhaul truck parts.com. The smaller one is an old Uhaul toy camper we found on ebay, they are hard to find and usually expensive. Another member here has one in the box complete with the car that came with it. The fold up shelf has 1/2" plywood behind the fiberglass to strengthen it. I did have to drill holes in the fiberglass for the screws to go through. The shelves are the tops of a couple wood snack trays that we had. The front shelf doesn't fold, only the rear one by the bed, and after that rear one was done we put the foam mattress in and found the shelf was below the mattress when folded down. May shorten it a little. The hot pad was a game gift at a teardrop gathering and has a matching towel. They came from some place in Maine we think, will try to find out where. The wall hanging is a paper piecing quilt project that Mary found the pattern for somewhere. A time consuming project with lots of real small pieces. She's a professional quilter, one room in our house is her sewing room, with 3 different sewing machines, two Janome's and a Bernina. Bob
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #23

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
........How do you attach the fold-up counter extension without ruining the fiberglass?
Thanks
Gilda
Not to steal from Bob's incredible work, but when I mounted my folding side shelf I used the 3M Extreme tape to avoid drilling. I deliberately used a large surface area to get lots of grip.

UHaul Counter Extension
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #24

Name: Jaydeen
Trailer: Burro 13'
California
Registry
Love the quilting decor ! When I go camping by myself, I bring my sewing machine and work on quilting projects. Very nice.
Jaydeen
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #25

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Beautiful interior and very efficient use of storage. I love the bed cover!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Great storage ideas guys!!
Mary Luv your handy work - especially the hanging one with the trailer Very creative!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #27

New York
! When I go camping by myself, I bring my sewing machine and work on quilting projects.
Jaydeen[/QUOTE]

I hope Mary doesn't see this comment, she's talking about taking the smaller of her machines when we head south next week. She's also into making the scrap rug, quilt scraps are woven into a rug or table runner on a wood frame I made for her. Bob
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #28

New York
Bob doesnt realize my machine is already packed, three months is a long time and it is my passion so why not bring it. thank - you everyone for the nice comments on my quilting, I am thinking of trying to sell some quilts and i have two wall hangings left i can sell, so if anyone is interested I can send pictures, just send me a message.