Pictures of our uhaul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Pictures of our uhaul

Attached Thumbnails
image-2469767796.jpg   image-1607237844.jpg  

image-2585220254.jpg   image-1072598078.jpg  

image-1589790726.jpg   image-1794571232.jpg  

image-3806899468.jpg   image-3778060810.jpg  

image-1683418605.jpg  
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #2

New York
Still figuring out how to do pictures, so here is a description of them in order from the top: 1] bed in rear showing a fold down counter extension that we just installed, 2] slide out storage baskets we installed under the bed, 3] shelves in closet with drawer under one shelf and Scamp 12V light on wall, 4] slide out drawer where furnace was removed, and storage opening below it, 5] drawer and storage closed, 6] looking in from outside with wall hangings on left, 7] dorm fridge, stove cover, counter extension and storage basket, 8] front couch, storage shelf under window that a previous owner made, 9] rear view, TV antenna, RecVee decal to cover repair where some rental customer backed into something and poked a hole right through!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Great storage ideas. I like what you did with the old furnace compartment and the added door below that. The space below the furnace is wasted, as built.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #4

New York
I was betting bob that you would be the first to reply Tom, i love the pull out drawer he did for my toaster etc and then more wasted space under that so he made himself a shoe closet, becuase he takes so many shoes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I was betting bob that you would be the first to reply Tom, i love the pull out drawer he did for my toaster etc and then more wasted space under that so he made himself a shoe closet, because he takes so many shoes

I admit, I've been UHaul fan ever since I rented one in about 1985. I need more space for all my shoes and boots, too.

Mary, is that your handiwork on the walls?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #6

New York
tom, yes they were done by me, I also made the curtains, quilts and pillows, I quilt as a hobby now that I have retired.
mary
Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
No wonder you do not want the 16' VT in NY. You don't need the additional space. You have it perfect! Very sharp looking!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
tom, yes they were done by me, I also made the curtains, quilts and pillows, I quilt as a hobby now that I have retired.
mary
Lovely!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Beautiful job! But now I want a picture when you are actively camping. Does it stay that neat and organized? Our trailer usually looks like a tornado went through it when we're camped for a few days. Maybe it's just us!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #10

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Oh Mary & Bob...I love what you have done with the place! So Cheery and Warm. Great idea on the sliding shelves, I need to take a closer look at this. How on earth did you find sliders to fit? Also am glad I am not the only one to choose carpet for the floor, it helps make it warmer. Great job, thanks for posting!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #11

New York
No its not just you, that's why I asked him to do the shoe closet and he hung some hooks to hang jackets on, he has a habit of loading any flat space so the two drop down shelves he put on both sides of the sink and stove may get stacked with books etc, we're getting better about being organized, in such small quarters you have to
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #12

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Beautiful job! But now I want a picture when you are actively camping. Does it stay that neat and organized? Our trailer usually looks like a tornado went through it when we're camped for a few days. Maybe it's just us!
Ha, Kevin..I just tell folks who want to peek inside that Looks like mine has been vandalized. Hard to keep neat in a small space.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #13

Virginia
Mary & Bob, is that a silverware drawer I see in your closet? I am so jealous....
can you tell me more about it? And how did you find or make the sliders and drop down stainless doors on the furnace openings. They are so special.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #14

New York
Diane: About the sliding baskets; we bought the baskets at Home Depot, mounted them on ball bearing 24" drawer slides that are laid on their sides, and fastened it all to a piece of plywood that is screwed to the floor. I made a stop piece to keep them in place while traveling. I had to cut and narrow one basket because the two together was a little too wide. The sliding basket/drawer that is in place of the furnace came from Camping World. After I removed the furnace I installed a light in the vent opening, then a piece of plywood where the furnace sat and mounted the sliding drawer onto it. The face piece is leftover aluminum from my Scamp side window project with a turn latch as is the storage compartment door below the former furnace area. As for the carpet, that's kind of a joke. A previous owner had installed new carpet right over the original, covering up the table pedestal support, and installing a new one more forward of the original. Due to other projects on the trailer we have just left the carpet as is, will replace it next year, but since it is in good shape it will do for the winter. The little drawer in the closet is also a Camping World item. They were on sale for around $20 each but now up to around $25. I think they are also available from Amazon. But note that in the ads they show two drawers side by side, but the price is for only one drawer. They are easy to install, we are thinking about a couple under the bed above the baskets as we replaced the Uhaul table with plywood, and maybe one under the center section of the front couch. I have also reinforced the seating/bed area as it all felt kind of flimsy to me. A previous owner had already made a repair at the left rear storage opening. Bob
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #15

Virginia
Wow Bob, I love the idea of re-useing parts. (Stainless doors) Not only does it look good, it is practical. I kinda like things that match and the Uhaul with the original sink and stove vent is stainless. Just a touch of finesse.
Mary is so talented...I cannot imagine a sewing job like that. Wonderful!
Thanks for those instructions.
I think one of the most needed things in our trailers is a silverware drawer. However I also want to put utensils in there also. Am using one of those little plastic boxes now with three drawers but it takes up too much space in the trailer even though it is small. So I like the slider drawer.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #16

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I like it !
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #17

New York
Diane, you can keep your silverware in one and utensils in another, it's not very deep, but holds ours good
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #18

Virginia
Mary & Bob, There is another thread here about "what we want for Christmas for our little Fiberglass Trailers...I just noticed Mary's Hand sewn Wall hanging...The Quilt with the little Trailer...I should think if that were in the FG store it would sell out.
So Cute, would love to have one of those.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #19

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Very Homey

Mary and Bob, what a labor of love.
Your trailer has one of the 'homiest' (?) looking interiors I've ever seen.
Beautiful quilting work really creates the cozy atmosphere.
Great storage ideas here, too.
Looks like you both worked together to create an inviting little home on wheels.
Nice Job!!!

Fran
Compact II, 1974
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #20

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Such a sweet, homey camper! I love what you did with the place! I, too, love the camper hanging. You could easily sell those on Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies.
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote