Plaque or decal for MFGRV Members rigs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2003, 01:04 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Plaque or decal for MFGRV Members rigs

My wife and I went to a family reunion in June up in Idaho. I saw several Molded Fiberglass RV rigs on the way and thought it would be nice to have some way of knowing if they were members of our elite group. I have seen some Good Sam and other member numbers on big rigs and thought some resourceful individuals in our group could develop a licence plaque or a decal that that we could put on our trailers or our tow rigs which would identify it as a member rig. I thought that something like our member number after the initials would make it easy to cross reference to a member number print out so we could identify the rigs we may see on the road. Something like this MFGRV-1234. Maybe we could have input to see how everyone likes it or if it has already been tried. This might also be a way to generate a little revenue to maintain this great site. What does everyone think?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:43 PM   #2

Count me in. I have always wanted something like this.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:28 PM   #3

Hey ----I like that.I also like the revenue generator idea.I takes a lot of personel time to run a web site also money.I think I would check with our web guy and get his feelings.

Good idea as far as I am concerned.:wave

Old 07-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #4

I wanna plack

If we're taking a poll, I'll buy in.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:17 PM   #5

how do you take a poll?

And i will be by a sign makers shop at the end of the month.
come up with an idea and ill ask about cost. one thing to cosider
one off run is cheaper then indivdidualized.:)

Old 07-08-2003, 04:28 PM   #6

If Michael will go for it I'll bet we can come up with some great ideas for a great sign that will stand out as good as our MFGRVTTS do. I work with several sign and decal shops with my work also so I know we can find the best production method when we decide how we want to go. or Maybe we could have both a decal for the FGRV and a licence plaque for the tow rig to stand out when it's not hooked up. With over 1200 members and still growing I bet we can have a lot of good ideas.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:28 PM   #7

Logos and such

I think I kinda like that idea, too. You are correct, of course, that multiple runs are less expensive that single ones. This would leave off the individual numbers, but still a great idea.

We could even do something as inexpensive as decals or stickers.

So...you got any ideas we can throw at our webguy. :chin

Something with www.fiberglassrv.com

Fiberglass Rules! (I always did like that)

MFROG - A happenin' place - www.fiberglassrv.com

Okay...so you want something a little more sohisticated?

What say ye?

Old 07-08-2003, 04:34 PM   #8

great Darrel more shops better bids

you have to love free enterprise. for that matter i might be the one makeing the decals if Rick is as buzy as his sign shop normaly is .

Old 07-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #9

>>license plaque for the towing rig

How about those little frames to put around the license plate... the ones that usually advertise the car dealer.

:shg

Old 07-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #10

license plaque for the towing rig

Bless you if you can still read those things parked. let a lone 60 mph + 60 mph for 120 miles an hour lol oh just shoot me now .:sad

Old 07-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #11

How about fiberglass forever or My other glass is a corvette. Or See the Mountain Pass in your Fiberglass or Save gas use Fiberglass. You know this could be fun. We will need a judge and a list format so we can submit ideas to one page.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #12

>>license plaque for the towing rig
Bless you if you can still read those things parked. let a lone 60 mph + 60 mph for 120 miles an hour lol oh just shoot me now .

Well, in Texas we have to have two plates, so a ''license plaque'' wouldn't be a big sale around here. My up close vision isn't as good as it used to be, but, yes :yep I'm blessed with great distance vision. (Thanks for asking!)

:cblob

I am, of course, thinking a plate holder would go on the back... so folks behind you could read it while stuck in traffic. That's pretty common around here (being stuck in traffic, oh I wish that gal in front of me had something interesting to read on her license plate :jester)...

But then, as I said, I can read 'em, parked. (Thanks again!)

:wink

Old 07-08-2003, 04:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrel Smith

How about fiberglass forever or My other glass is a corvette. Or See the Mountain Pass in your Fiberglass or Save gas use Fiberglass. You know this could be fun. We will need a judge and a list format so we can submit ideas to one page.
All RIGHT!!

Mottos!! :banana Keep 'em coming, y'all. :wave

Old 07-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #14

Follow me...

Well, speaking from experience, we don't need anything that is small enough that someone will have to follow you until you stop so they can read it.

I recently took a trip to Illinois to see my daughter. I had just pulled up in front of her house at the end of a 1,000 mile trip, when a man approached me from the rear of my trailer. At first, I thought he was my daughter's neighbor, but it turned out that he had followed me (not sure how long) until I stopped.

I felt so bad for him as my daughter and two of her sons came around the trailer and we started hugging, etc. I sure wish I could get in touch with that nice man and appologize...all I could think to do was to call back to him and tell him to visit us at www.fiberglassrv.com.

So, Mr. nice fiberglass owner that has had the trillium since it was new and you followed me until I stopped, if you're out there, come on in. :wave

Old 07-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #15

thanks for the laugh Marry

for some reason i got a good belly chuckle out of your point of view:lol

Old 07-08-2003, 05:06 PM   #16

I agree I think a window sticker or plate size placque would be best. Maybe a Shade sticker over the windshield with reverse printing will let you see it out of your rear view mirror of the car in front.
Some more could be See the Mountain Pass in your Fiberglass. My other glass is a Corvette. Save Gas buy Fiberglass. Fiberglass Forever.:ola
oops I didn't know my other post went through.
soorry

Old 07-08-2003, 05:13 PM   #17

Spare tire cover

Well thats why iam stopping in to seen my sign maker.
Mac my Kat is going to have a portrait done , a fiberglass Kat house ummmmmm maybe or a texas sized kitty carrier no !
something tastefull any way cant wait to see .:chased
maybe a plug for fiberglass rv could be worked in huummmm
someone said 10 free posts :jester

Old 07-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #18

Great feedback. Before we get too far from the original idea I would like to know if any of you know if we have a printable member list showing our numbers when we joined. I know I was about 980 but I'm not sure exactly what number when I joined several months ago.
I Think it would be great to include our web address so potential members could find our great site. Also I think a window graphic could be larger to be seen and easier to remove if anyoine traded their rigs. The graphic could include the motto and web site information and the member number could be added by each individual using readily available hardware store lettering or marine boat lettering for personalization while maintaining a suggested format. That way we would know what to watch for and where to find it. The window graphics could also be used in our trailers windows. What are your ideas.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:30 PM   #19

This topic was covered once before. Search for "mottos". Alot of good ideas were mentioned back then. I would be in on what ever comes out and maybe the trailer will get on the road by next summer.

Here's the link. Thanks for the reminder, Steve! -- Mary F

Old 07-08-2003, 06:48 PM   #20

I think the decal or licence plate holder is a good idea, and definately they should include the website address.

The member number on the other hand I would not be so interested in incorporating, mainly because I do not know anyone here by their member numbers, so it would seem a bit meaningless to me (sorry, just my opinion) plus, to have individuals customize them would end up with everyone's looking different, and part of the reason for doing something like this is to bring a bit of unity and recognizability to our members.