Please Help Identify Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 8 ft Jayco Pop-up
I found this camper close by my house. Can anyone give me an idea the model etc. Thank you.
Attached Images

Jakeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It is a Ventura.

A recent discussion on them is Here
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #3

Thank you, I will check it out. I couldn't believe I found a fiberglass so close to my house. I will check it out later. God Bless.

Jake <><

Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
I have no idea of the history with the Ventura, but looking at it, it looks a later model than mine. It has flared wheel wells, and the windows aren't louvered. The door looks rounded which mine is flat. Nice looking, hopefully they will consider selling it good luck.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984

Click image for larger version

Name:	bolerama_2004_055_Venture.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	16407

This one was at the Emily gathering near Peterborough Ont. a couple of times. It has a different window again and your flares look good. I don't think there were an awful lot made compared to some other brands. Good luck getting it I don't think you would regret it.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #6

From the looks of the pictures the camper is not in that good of shape on the inside. What do you think a ventura camper that is in good shape would be worth?

Also it has a shower. Is this normal for these?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #7

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
actually, it might well be a PlayPac. Compare to my Avatar. The windows are the same. I don't remember seeing a Ventura with those windows, but it could be.

The inside of mine was stripped. I'm rebuilding it and having a ball.

Do you have more pictures you can share with us? It might help with the questions.

Bonnie

On edit. My research on this trailer has indicated that the glass bubble mine has was an upgrade on the high end model. This could be an example of the bubble less one.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I believe Bonnie is correct, and I stand corrected.

The windows are for a Play Pac

Its confusing.. I just realized we have a Bonnie W with a Ventura, and a Bonnie with a Play Pac..

they are almost identical IDs here, and almost the same rig...

My brain hurts!!!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Do you have more pictures you can share with us? It might help with the questions.

Bonnie

On edit. My research on this trailer has indicated that the glass bubble mine has was an upgrade on the high end model. This could be an example of the bubble less one.

Here are some more pics.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #10

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')

That's a PlayPac. Jake, if you have it that makes six of us on the site.

Would you be able to take a couple of pictures of how the bathroom/dressing room door is connected to the trailer? That sorta has me stumped.

Here's my PlayPac Renovation Thread.

Play Pac Reno

Here the direct link to the Sales Manual I was provided by another PlayPac owner.

Brochure.pdf
Old 10-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #11

Yo Donna!
That brochure should be added to the Document Centre if someone has time.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Jake,

Did you get the trailer? I've seen worse! Doesn't look that bad via the pictures you've shared!! Buy it and give it a try! Worst you could do is buy it, clean it up, and sell it to put money toward another trailer!!

Good luck!!
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 AM   #13

Thanks for all of the help. I haven't bought it yet, I am having a hard time getting a hold of the owner. I found in on Craig's list and all I have is his email. I think that at the price that he is asking I could make a little cash on the project if I don't like the camper. Thanks again for all of your help. This site is great!

God Bless,
Jake <><
Old 10-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Yo Donna!
That brochure should be added to the Document Centre if someone has time.
Already ahead of you James. I've downloaded it and will see about getting it (and others!) uploaded over the weekend.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Jake, I am the inventor and original CEO of the company that founded and built the PlayPac(PlayPac Industries). Your model was one of the early ones 1972. Production stopped in '73 due to the Arab oil embargo. They were built in Dickson,TN. The model was called the "Hitch Hut" The model with the skylight was called the Super Hitch Hut. If anyone is interested in more history I'll be glad to share as I still feel that she's my "baby". Please go to "Chat with the inventor of the Playpac" if interested in the PP's history.
Steve
steven whysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #16

Hi Steven
We don't have to many builders on this forum. It's good to have you here.
Not just for Play Pac people, but for all of our inquireing minds. How many? How long did it take to make one? Family business or big industry? It's sometimes so hard to find history about these fiberglass trailers that anything you wish to share will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
Old 11-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #17

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
It's sometimes so hard to find history about these fiberglass trailers that anything you wish to share will be greatly appreciated.

Yes that is true, Steve has let me know some information through PM that ties in with the research I've been doing on the history of the Boler American. His words have brought me to look at some things in a totally different way.

I was making some pretty good headway back in September until I was Summoned for Jury Duty. Now that that is over and done with, I hope to soon catch up on a few things before getting get back into the research. I'll post my findings in the boler history thread once I get some more of the pieces put together.

It would be nice if Steve would post everything he can tell us about the PlayPac in either this thread or start a new one. Once that is done, I will be able to link what he says to the Egg/boler history thread mentioned above.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #18

Roy, Steven actually started a topic Chat with the inventor of the PLAYPAC, The history of the PLAYPAC. I've asked him to start the history discussion. We can always change the title, or add a subtitle to include "history." I'm thinking once we get these histories a bit more formalized, we should create a document and add it to the Document Center or maybe somehow put them with the particular brand in the albums... hummmm.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #19

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Thanks Donna,

I guess both Jim and I missed Steve's overnight post.

Is it possible to create a new forum in the "all about our ... trailers" with sub forums related to each type? Then sub class threads on models with the various changes and specs? We'll have to figure out to do this as a "wiki" within the boards software limitations.

Alternatively, is anyone here well versed enough with Wikipedia to create and maintain the various pages and links there?

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Thanks Donna,

I guess both Jim and I missed Steve's overnight post.

Is it possible to create a new forum in the "all about our ... trailers" with sub forums related to each type? Then sub class threads on models with the various changes and specs? We'll have to figure out to do this as a "wiki" within the boards software limitations.

Alternatively, is anyone here well versed enough with Wikipedia to create and maintain the various pages and links there?

Roy
Currently, we don't have anything available. But, other things are coming down the pike for FiberglassRV. Just be patient, change doesn't happen overnight... okay.