please wish me luck! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2003, 07:00 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
please wish me luck!

Ok, a really nice couple is flying into the Rochester Airport on Friday. I'll pick them up and bring them to see my Class A Allegro. If all goes well, they will drive away in the morning and I will have enough money to pay off my bills and buy a used trailer. Everyone, please, keep your fingers crossed for me.

I had the rv place I keep it at go over it carefully this week to make sure it's ready. It's in great condition, only thing that could happen is damage on the way home or test drive, or that it just wasn't what they thought it was. I'm so nervous!!!

Anyway, I'll post again on Saturday and let you guys know if it sold. Then I can start hunting for my egg, although one of my friends is determined to get me to buy a vintage airstream (she has one), so we'll see. I'm keeping an open mind -- fiberglass egg or silver egg, which ever I find first that grabs my heart. But right now I'm actually feeling a little sad to think "The Beast" might be leaving. She really is a nice Class A -- small, perfect condition, and with lots of "extras".

anyway, wish me luck!

Best,

Jane

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:02 AM   #2

GOOD LUCK, JANE!!!

:ola

Old 07-02-2003, 07:54 AM   #3

>>get me to buy a vintage airstream

What kind of tow vehicle do you have/will you get, Jane?

Those A'streams are heavy.

(We want you on our team!) :r

Old 07-02-2003, 08:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Mary F

What kind of tow vehicle do you have/will you get, Jane?

Those A'streams are heavy.

(We want you on our team!) :r
:yep AND then you two would look alike, but different if you go fiberglass. :) (my fingers are crossed, Jane, I'm typing two fingered, ouch)

Old 07-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #5

tow vehicle

Well my tow vehicle is really my main factor here. I only have a montero sport and I refuse to go bigger. It tows 5,000 pounds, so I want to stay under 4,000 pounds completely loaded. That means if it's a silver trailer it'll have to be one of the really old ones they made that were under 16' and didn't have all the extras (1950's and 1960's). I have to admit I've seen a few scottys from that time period that really appeal to me -- but once again, that means no extras (small water tanks, no air, etc.). Heck, have to admit, I've even thought that maybe a teardrop would be fun. Can you imagine going from a Class A to a teardrop?? That would take some getting used to.

If I could snap my fingers and have anything in the world, it'd be a 16' Scamp with the side dinette. Those are perfect for me!!! But I don't think I'll find one in my price range. I think I'll have to go older. They only recently started making those . . . .

Best,

Jane

Old 07-02-2003, 09:10 AM   #6

Vintage Airstream - egads!!

Jane - we have a vintage Airstream - GET FIBERGLASS. With fiberglass you can downsize your tow vehicle; with the Airstream you'll need a hefty V-8, I don't want to hear about aerodynamic blah blah blah. GET FIBERGLASS - it wears better, is more comfortable, you'll be happier in the long run, and you'll keep more of your money for yourself and your vacations.

Old 07-02-2003, 10:04 AM   #7

Good luck Jane

Iam sure you will find something. More then likely when your not looking lol
:)