Poll - Do you visit other "eggs" in campgrounds - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: When camping do you say HI to any other "egg owner's" in the campground?
Are you the bold type that just walks into the campsite and introduces yourself and talk fiberglass? 39 76.47%
Do you wave from the roadway hoping to get invited to talk & tour? 12 23.53%
Every time you walk around the campground do you detour past those sites not sure what to do? 0 0%
Or do you avoid those other eggs? 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #21

Name: Nancy & Dan
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
I'm with Evergreengirl. I will wave, smile, but wait for them to make the first move. Our Maiden Voyage out with the Casita last summer,another Casita pulled into the park about 15 minutes later. We were so excited! My husband is a walker and talker, he must have walked past that trailer 15 times hoping to have a little talk. It never happened, but it was sure nice to see another fiberglass in the park!
Nancy from MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #22

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
If they didn't want me to come over and talk, they shouldn't have purchased an egg.

Enjoy,

Perry

Following this line of reasoning, if you didn't want a thief to steal your trailer, you shouldn't have bought it. Or if you didn't want someone to key your new vehicle at Walmart, you shouldn't have gone there.

Just because a person owns an egg doesn't mean another egg owner has a "right" to intrusively violate his, her, or their privacy.

I might wave or speak, but do not enter someone else's campsite unless asked. Keep in mind that paying for a campsite is a rental agreement and that campsite temporarily "belongs" to the occupant.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #23

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Following this line of reasoning, if you didn't want a thief to steal your trailer, you shouldn't have bought it. Or if you didn't want someone to key your new vehicle at Walmart, you shouldn't have gone there.

Just because a person owns an egg doesn't mean another egg owner has a "right" to intrusively violate his, her, or their privacy.

I might wave or speak, but do not enter someone else's campsite unless asked. Keep in mind that paying for a campsite is a rental agreement and that campsite temporarily "belongs" to the occupant.
Lighten up! It was meant in humor.

Every time we set up, Terry puts out the "Welcome" sign at the end of our site. Apparently some people should put out a "Do Not Trespass" sign.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Yes, I'm always excited to meet other 'egg' trailers and their owners.

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #25

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
[QUOTE=Perryb67;511217 Apparently some people should put out a "Do Not Trespass" sign.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, please do.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #26

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
We live in the country. Everyone where we have lived gets to know one another and feels safe around each other. Very seldom do we have rigid boundaries and they are usually from urban people who are used to living by strict rules. The people we purchased our lake home from were urbanites. They came on weekends and it drove her crazy that people would speed by HER dock or drive four-wheelers on HER gravel road. The neighbors said they never knew what was safe or not for her. She didn't fit in.

We've never been chased off a campsite because we dared to try to establish a friendly conversation, and quite frankly, probably don't want to know those who would. OTOH, I do realize that some people may have had a major event (i.e. death, hospitalization), or something else, and need time to be alone, and that's OK. I'm guessing those 70% people in the poll feel the same way.

You're all welcome at our site and if we're out of coffee we'll make some more!

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #27

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
The Modernistic teardrop is a 1946, Casita is a '96. I'll have to see if I can rearrange that list. EDIT, all I could do was change the punctuation and add the year of the Casita, hope that clarifies it.
and I was so looking forward to seeing a 1946 Casita .. LOL
Old 03-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #28

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post

General Chat (142 Viewing)
Similar to "Cheers" format, don't take anything too seriously
Old 03-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #29

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Last year was my first invitation to chat and tour a little tiny camper. It wasn't an egg but it was so tiny that I had to stop on my way by and say "Cute trailer!" Next thing I knew I was being given the grand tour of the inside. I've always been too quiet to say much more than hello with a smile if I make eye contact with someone in their campsite so I was quite pleased with my first attempt. My husband on the other hand doesn't mind starting up a conversation from the edge of a campsite and seeing if it goes any further. He's had a few tours of unusual campers over the years when I've sent him to inquire what type they are from the owners. "I'm sorry to bother you but what model of camper is that?" seems to be the magic words.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #30

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
General Chat (142 Viewing)

Similar to "Cheers" format, don't take anything too seriously

I've already PMd Perry. My post was intended to be tongue in cheek and was not meant to be any more serious than his original statement, which I did not take seriously at all. Actually, it made me laugh. I didn't expect anyone to think I was serious.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #31

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
I'm new in the Egg club. Last year we attended an meet in Manitoba and had a blast. We had been very intentional about using our Scamp 16, thus working the kinks out of our Scamping experiences. Living with limited space and capacity took some doing. Sharing our experiences with other Eggers and asking questions re our own challenges. I am prone to approach strangers whereas my wife is more reserved. We are a unique group and typically interested in our own kind, thus the desire to visit fellow Eggers.
I'm nearing retirement and have never been a part of anything like this throughout my business career. For me this is an exciting new experience.
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote