Poll - Do you visit other "eggs" in campgrounds - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

View Poll Results: When camping do you say HI to any other "egg owner's" in the campground?
Are you the bold type that just walks into the campsite and introduces yourself and talk fiberglass? 39 76.47%
Do you wave from the roadway hoping to get invited to talk & tour? 12 23.53%
Every time you walk around the campground do you detour past those sites not sure what to do? 0 0%
Or do you avoid those other eggs? 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #29
Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Last year was my first invitation to chat and tour a little tiny camper. It wasn't an egg but it was so tiny that I had to stop on my way by and say "Cute trailer!" Next thing I knew I was being given the grand tour of the inside. I've always been too quiet to say much more than hello with a smile if I make eye contact with someone in their campsite so I was quite pleased with my first attempt. My husband on the other hand doesn't mind starting up a conversation from the edge of a campsite and seeing if it goes any further. He's had a few tours of unusual campers over the years when I've sent him to inquire what type they are from the owners. "I'm sorry to bother you but what model of camper is that?" seems to be the magic words.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #30
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Somewhere in the Lower 48
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
General Chat (142 Viewing)

Similar to "Cheers" format, don't take anything too seriously

I've already PMd Perry. My post was intended to be tongue in cheek and was not meant to be any more serious than his original statement, which I did not take seriously at all. Actually, it made me laugh. I didn't expect anyone to think I was serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #31
Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
I'm new in the Egg club. Last year we attended an meet in Manitoba and had a blast. We had been very intentional about using our Scamp 16, thus working the kinks out of our Scamping experiences. Living with limited space and capacity took some doing. Sharing our experiences with other Eggers and asking questions re our own challenges. I am prone to approach strangers whereas my wife is more reserved. We are a unique group and typically interested in our own kind, thus the desire to visit fellow Eggers.
I'm nearing retirement and have never been a part of anything like this throughout my business career. For me this is an exciting new experience.

Manitoba Jim is offline   Reply With Quote