popup vs fiberglass - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #15
Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Thanks everyone for your great responses. They were all helpful and I definitely enjoyed your stories too! I think my next step will be to find a new home for my popup and begin a search for a fiberglass trailer. Thanks again!
There is a 1995 13' Scamp on ebay that is stored in the Leach Lake area of northern Minnesota. The bidding ends tomorrow, Aug. 2, at 11:53 AM

John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #16
Trailer: Apache
I have a popup camper and am seriously considering a switch to a fiberglass unit. I love my popup, but have found that the set-up/take-down is just too much work. I am wondering if anyone here has had a popup and can offer me any comparisons as far as how they tow or anything else good or bad. I appreciate all info. Thanks!
Well i went from a 13 FT Boler to a pop-up.
The pop-up i have is an Apache Solid state so it has no canvas to worry about, it has ABS plastic panels that fold up.
The visibility as Mike Watters stated is a big advantage for me, the pup is a lot easier to reverse into our yard, also a clear view in the mirror when on the highway.
The pup is roomier and i don't mind the set-up, in-fact I look forward to it, a little camping ritual, it usually gets a few campers from the next sites coming over to watch and ask questions when they see the ABS sides going up with the roof.
With my Apache pup with its hard panels and slider windows i don't have the one advantage that canvas pop-ups have over mine and over the fibreglass eggs and that is ventilation, canvas pop-ups have a great airy tent like feel to them, cross breezes are nice plus the visibility all around is hard to beat.
On saying all that my heart skips a beat when i see a Boler or Trillium especially a Trillium, i would love to try a Trillium someday.

Denis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #17
Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
those are nice popups.. i would definatally prefer one of those to the canvas ones..

Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote