Portable Camp Shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Portable Camp Shower

This is another one of those Duh moments!

I have only had to use a portable camp shower once on a camping trip a few years ago that where we were boondocking with over 40 people and the thought of going without a shower for 4 days just wasn't something I wanted to do. So I purchased one of those portable showers from wallie world. And though it wasn't expensive it was very hard to work with. Fill that black bag with water then try and hang it so you can shower was not fun nor was it fun when the shower head () blew off two seconds into my first shower! But I have kept it just in case I would ever need it again. Then the other day I ran across these set ups, Hello why didn't I think of them?

So, despite hoping to never have to use a portable shower again myself, I thought I would pass these along for those that do need a portable shower. My thinking is these have to be way better to use than that "black bag" portable shower.
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #2

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
I really like the holes in the jug which would also be great for rinsing dishes. Easy to warm the water...maybe not hot...but not ice cold. Thanks for sharing.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #3

Name: Laura
Trailer: Teardrop American Outbacker
Utah
Spray paint the milk jug with Krylon Fusion black paint and it would heat up in the sun, just like the solar shower.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramoncur View Post
Spray paint the milk jug with Krylon Fusion black paint and it would heat up in the sun, just like the solar shower.

Exactly, but I know even sitting a bottle out in the sun it will heat up pretty good as well. But painting it black would really get the water nice and warm.. And they make the spray paint for plastic now............
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #5

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I like the milk jug, 1 qt. should be easy to lift and direct with the added benefit of being easy to "ration" oneself to make sure available jug(s) and water will let you rinse off. And could warm water on stove top for "family" boondock camping.

Cool idea. Now if I could figure out which of those little shower tents to purchase I might drag wife and grandkids back into the boonies again. :-)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #6

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
This is another one of those Duh moments!

So, despite hoping to never have to use a portable shower again myself, I thought I would pass these along for those that do need a portable shower. My thinking is these have to be way better to use than that "black bag" portable shower.
Very nice, would come in handy
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #7

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I like this shower tent is sets up in 2 seconds and folds up If you fallow the directions in 5 seconds.
Cabela's: Trekker Fold-A-Privy
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
i have a portable ice fishing tent, 4x4 and six foot tall. i carry a metal bucket and a watering can, both items i have in my garage anyway.
fill the bucket with water and heat it on the campfire. then with bucket of hot water and watering can in hand i go to my "shower tent"
dip the can full of hot water,,presto instant shower. get wet. soap up, and dip again to rinse.
some day when i get the spare money,,,i will buy a zodiac propane portable shower . but its not a priority as we usualy camp where theres facilities.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
This foot pump solar one looked interesting NEMO: Tent Accessories for NEMO AirSupported tents
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Ken that is cool!!! I currently use the black bag solar one when kayaking but as mentioned finding a private place to hang it and get it up high enough on my own is a problem......;.....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote