Portable camp tables - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #21

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
I am a big fan of this Alps lightweight rolling table with aluminum slats. They offer several sizes. Mine is rectangular and can seat 4 adults (six for drinks). It is a lightweight table.
https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountain...dp/B000MN8D2M?

While we're at it, Alps offers a folding camp chair with much better support than most. Very good chair.
https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountain...dp/B006H1ZL8M?
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #22
rad

Name: Randal
Trailer: Casita
Arizona
Wow thanks for all that info folks ! Fine tuning all the equipment issues, haven't used the Casita much, new acquisition, (backpacker, tent camper in the past), looking forward to Quartzite, Kofa national wildlife refuge and Joshua Tree. After my tongue heals from licking that damn frozen pipe.
Randal
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
I have one of those aluminum tables. PITA. Pieces get lost, slide around. It won'y take much weight safely. I prefer the white folding table that is common, about 3x6.
Which only goes to prove that they're not all the same. I've had none of those issues with the Lee Valley Tools table I posted. Note that the table legs can be adjusted for uneven terrain.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #24

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carlson View Post
I have a Roll-A-Table... it's a bit wigglier than I would like but otherwise perfect.
if you're always away from a picnic table, might want something bigger anyway. Got a link that should work; it rolls up compactly, so maybe a good choice for "what if."

Roll-A-Table-outfitterssupply.com
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Wow thanks for all that info folks ! Fine tuning all the equipment issues, haven't used the Casita much, new acquisition, (backpacker, tent camper in the past), looking forward to Quartzite, Kofa national wildlife refuge and Joshua Tree. After my tongue heals from licking that damn frozen pipe.
Randal
--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope to be at Quartzsite but possibly not until the Monday..Hope some people stay around . I will bring my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. Bring safety glass
es if you hope to shoot it ! LOl David in Fresno and Sonora, CA
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #26

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
I also have this. Too delicate, so never/seldom use.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 2.58.32 PM.png
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 2.58.32 PM.jpg  
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #27

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We have two of them, both with plastic molded tops in light beige, and legs that fold up like an ironing board. One has three height adjustments, the other has four (sorry!) They are small and we use them for eating inside Peanut as well as taking to group dinners at gatherings. We got the smaller one at WalMart years ago, and the larger one at Costco (about $35) last August. There are many sizes; these are two of the smaller ones. Light, easy to carry, and easy to clean. Also NO sharp edges or finger-eating holes.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #28

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Teach your kids not to stick their fingers in the holes in the seats, or better yet, get one that doesn't have holes.
Had to cut the kid's finger off to free her.
amn I would of liked to be there to see that, I bet you could here her scream from miles away!
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #29

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Lee Valley Table

Hey Glen Baglo, I have the same table. It's been all the way to the Arctic and back and a few other points East and West without any issues. I paid $70 for it and it's been worth every cent. Fits nicely inside my Instant-Up bug screen tent where we spent a lot of time up North. I like how small if folds up and how light it is to carry. I have another square aluminum table with a roll-top of slats that I used for years. The elastic holding the slats together finely gave out and I lost quite a few of the little rubber spacers in between. I found that tap washers were the right width and re-strung the whole thing. It's okay but not as useful as the larger Lee Valley table. Have to have something large enough to hold all my flashlights!
Old 01-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
They sell out every spring as camping season looms. I had to wait nine months to order mine.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #31

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
We picked up a "table in a bag" when we got our trailer in 2015. It worked well for the first year, until the little plastic clips got brittle and broke, so the rollup top would no longer sit in the post holes, and the end caps on the aluminum slats started popping out. Just not durable. We recently picked up a folding camping table with a bamboo top. Sooo much more durable and stout, and folds up small.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...abs_brd_tag_dp
Attached Thumbnails
Beckworth Table.jpg  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:41 PM   #32

Registry
Picture of Ironing-board style table

Also at Home Depot. WalMart's is gray, Home Deot's is beige. Lightweight, easy to clean.
Attached Thumbnails
folding table from Peanut, almond-lifetime-folding-tables-.jpg  
Old 01-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #33

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Also at Home Depot. WalMart's is gray, Home Deot's is beige. Lightweight, easy to clean.
I've seen those, but I'd advise against any table with the ironing board type legs. They're just not stable unless the ground is dead flat and smooth, which it rarely is at my campsite. Regular post type table legs work best.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 AM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I've seen those, but I'd advise against any table with the ironing board type legs. They're just not stable unless the ground is dead flat and smooth, which it rarely is at my campsite. Regular post type table legs work best.
I bought one like that from Costco for camping but it was commandeered by my wife. It's now on the deck with Basil and other plants on it. But I think you're right, those flat legs aren't the best for rough ground. Maybe I did luck out in the end .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:23 AM   #35

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I carry a couple of those 2' x 2' grey foam rubber squares from HF with me to smooth out the ground

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #36

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
What great ideas!

We used to carry a 24"x48" table with an adjustable height up to 36". It's bulky and heavy and the legs require relatively flat ground. The part we enjoyed was that it can be set up at "countertop" height which is much easier on our backs when slicing and dicing or doing dishes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Lifetime 80160 Commercial Height Adjustable Folding Utility Table, 4 Feet, White Granite - Height adjustable from 22 in. (children's height) to 29 in. (table height) and 36 in. (countertop height)

I plan to eventually replace the heavy plastic top with 1/4" plywood over a 1x2 frame with a polyurethane finish to lighten the table and give it a little more woodsy aesthetic.

More recently I added plastic 5" legs to a formica-topped 19"x30" wooden table top which has captive 5/16"-18 threaded plates to engage the legs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Leg Daddy 5" Round Tapered Plastic Sofa, Couch, and Chair Legs, Set of 4

The top is just something that's been around for many years; I can't even recall where it came from. It's much lighter and smaller. We set it on the end of a picnic table and achieve the same result of a counter-height work surface, which our backs appreciate.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:36 AM   #37

Registry
We mostly use our "ironing board" table inside the trailer. Wherever we've used it, campfires, gatherings, inside, it works fine. We've really had NO trouble getting it stable enough. Maybe we are just good at balancing things well, but I was surprised to hear you say they're not stable. Ours is fine. .