Portable Propane Instant Water Heater - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
There may be some that will benefit from the speed. Nothing wrong with that. I can see it being useful on "work camps" or when one is on a traveling schedule.

I use hot water to wash dishes and shower. Using one of my cooking pans to heat water while I am eating takes no extra time. I am eating. Shower time is another story, but I adjust.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #22

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Cool

What happened to the old, square, collapsable, plastic water carriers with a handle on the top, and a spigot ? The optional extras were a long hose that attached to the spigot, with a shower head on it.
You put the water carrier on the top of your trailer in the sun, and a couple of hours later you donned your swim suit, and took a shower. Another extra was a portable shower curtain rail that attached to your trailer.
I think they were called 'solar showers'. Now, that's boondocking !! No utilities needed.
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
What happened to the old, square, collapsable, plastic water carriers with a handle on the top, and a spigot ? The optional extras were a long hose that attached to the spigot, with a shower head on it.
You put the water carrier on the top of your trailer in the sun, and a couple of hours later you donned your swim suit, and took a shower. Another extra was a portable shower curtain rail that attached to your trailer.
I think they were called 'solar showers'. Now, that's boondocking !! No utilities needed.
I got one of those, or close to it. It's acutally called a "Solar Shower". Works great, except when the skeeters are out in force.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Some people use those as the water source for the Coleman hot water heater.

For those of us with zero upper body strength, we bought them and never used them because when filled, we couldn't lift them high enough to make them become useful.
<div align="center"> <span style="font-family:Impact"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Death to the idiot who put the bike rack on top of the car.</span></span> </div>
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...For those of us with zero upper body strength, we bought them and never used them because when filled, we couldn't lift them high enough to make them become useful.
<div align="center"> <span style="font-family:Impact"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Death to the idiot who put the bike rack on top of the car.</span></span>
[/quote]
There are roof racks which extend to the side and lower for better access. I suppose the same idea could be applied to a shower water bag holder, but that may be mechanical overkill - a pump probably makes more sense... and Coleman puts one in the Hot Water On Demand and sells them separately (see the portable shower topics) as well.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote