possible scam..anyone been scammed by this person - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #29

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
There is nothing inherently wrong with Craigs List and I buy and Sell on there all the time.
What is wrong is not listening to that little voice in your gut telling you there may be a problem with a particular listing.
I would even say that if you do not have or hear that voice then CL may not be for you?

Until you hand someone cash there is no scam and if you do hand the cash over without doing all you can to be OK with it then I don't care where you are finding the rig for sale the problem is with you not the listing service.

CL is merely an outlet to find and be found for buyers and sellers,if you don't have the stomach for it then don't use it but don't trash it for others too.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #30

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
There is nothing inherently wrong with Craigs List and I buy and Sell on there all the time.
What is wrong is not listening to that little voice in your gut telling you there may be a problem with a particular listing.
I would even say that if you do not have or hear that voice then CL may not be for you?

Until you hand someone cash there is no scam and if you do hand the cash over without doing all you can to be OK with it then I don't care where you are finding the rig for sale the problem is with you not the listing service.

CL is merely an outlet to find and be found for buyers and sellers,if you don't have the stomach for it then don't use it but don't trash it for others too.
Hear, hear! I agree with Ed 100%

Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #31

Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
Definitely run the email address on google as there is someone doing this with a 5th wheel using the exact same photo in all ads and claiming it is in several different cities. It a shame that people do this. And while "buyer beware", these people are operating in every venue and take advantage of those less aware of the all the evil in the world, especially the elderly. The AG in KS came to our town and I went to listen and he talked about different scams going on and I thought the worse was that someone uses Facebook (probably all social networks) and gets enough info to contact "Grandma" and say they are the grand kid in trouble and need money wired - one woman in the crowd said she had fell for it and lost $200.00 that she wired. I have no idea what is wrong with these people but find peace that I believe there is a hell! So, when using the internet, use all the resources you can find to check out an individual - you'll be surprised what comes up - check out yourself too because a lot more info shows up on one than one might think once you put your name on it and someone could very well be "scouting" for some evil deed they have in mind.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #32

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
We saw this same scam with an ad for a '13 ft Scamp in Tampa. We got the same "wedding" story when we emailed. Asked if there was someone who could show us the trailer....same long response. What a scumbag. We didn't fall for it.