Price check on new egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Price check on new egg

My son suggested I check on a new unit before I consider a used unit. I must have heard the salesguy wrong. A 13' Scamp, brand spanking new with a bath, around $ 11,000 from the factory. He's sending me a price list (I think) and all I can think of is....I must be having another senior moment! I'll believe it when I see it. Is that even possible???
But if that's the case, I think my son will buy one! He was like NO WAY! We'll see.....stay tuned
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #2

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Yup. That's the price showing for the 13' standard model. The deluxe model is more. I have their info as I have been checking into the 16'.
God's Country, Minnesota
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Yes they really hold their value as you have probably seen by looking at the used prices! Shiny and new is always nice. Sounds like you may end up with 2 in the family.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Though options can quickly run up a total. I do think that new is well worth considering though with the price of used and I have been searching and am finding more used ones are on the market than a couple of years ago. Makes sense as more people buy that more used will be available and with Escape, movement because they are upgrading to a larger or downsizing also I would think for some. In the US, mostly Scamps and Casitas with nearly everything else used in Canada or the west coast.

I would still advise everyone to see a unit, most of the manufacturers that sell direct can have someone in your area show theirs to you because the worst reviews I have read came from people who did not see the units in person and had high expectations for the price they were paying. I also don't think that people let it sink in that the trailers are smaller than the small stickies either unless they actually see them.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
BUT (Big But) just like when the local Toyota dealer advertises a very, very low price on a Tacoma, actual delivery may be a different animal.

A lot of used FGRV's are sold in June & July because the bulders are quoting September delivery dates for the most basic model. When I talked to SCAMP several year back the three that were available for immedicte delivery were all maxed out with options. Maybe just chance.....

Soooo, if you want more than two lights, one outlet and a hand pump for cold water, prices & delivery will vary.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yes, I had the price list and also went through the listing at Escape adding up my "dream" trailer's cost. On the ones left on the lot at the end of the year that they need to move, even loaded down with options, they might be an attractive buy. I usually shop leftover everything. Got a white elephant? I'll probably buy it! That's how we ended up debt-free though so husband is not complaining.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote