Price Comparison: Scamp, Casita, Escape - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #99
Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
and Y'all know it's not about what you own, it's where you go and the memories you make along the way... right? All BRANDS/SIZES ARE GOOD

If anyone is looking for the perfect towable... keep looking. Ten Forward will become an Estate Problem for my only child, because I have a build that's perfect for me!

Love the one you're with!
I agree with you 100% Donna!!! After a few years of soul searching, the 5.0TA is the ONLY FGRV I would consider as a future replacement for our EggCamper. Of course they are the only 2 FGRV's I can stand up in also....

2013 EggCamper!
JWScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #100
Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
They don't use Goofy rivets...they switched to Mickey Mouse rivets years ago.

I think the Escape market went almost entirely to the overall expansion of of the demand for quality fiberglass construction in travel trailers.The specific choice for Escape is driven far more by the larger size (increasing with each new model) than by the REWFS construction method or the rejection of any other brand or construction methods. Proof of that is that Scamp sales are still at capacity even with several new brands and a doubling of production.
As you know the "R" in REWFS was added to aggravate you
(very successfully I might add) and it will be dropped when you drop your canard about through the hull fastening systems that other manufacturers have used successfully for decades, since it is about equally legitimate.

Escape was available when you bought your Scamp as was Trillium, both fine trailers which you failed to research, otherwise you would be finding fault with an Escape today instead of a Scamp!

I think that burial comment was either taken out of context or wishful thinking on your part.

Now, what about that adhesives comment, after all, cars are starting to have glued panels instead of welded. Wouldn't glue eliminate both problems and allow the versatility of rivets and a smooth exterior?

Change is inevitable, but it is not always improvement.
I have made changes to every vehicle and trailer I have owned, I think they were all improvements but I admit to being subjective.
Your trailer has many well executed changes which are all of course, "improvements".
Not all fiberglass RVs used Rivets. It really depends on what system they came up with for installing the various components. You don't have to use rivets, they just do so because it is fast to do it that way. It was always about cost savings.

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:53 AM   #101
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
On the rivet issue, my 36 year old Bigfoot has zero rivets and 43 year old Compact Jr has 4.

1980 Bigfoot 17' & 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is offline   Reply With Quote

casita, escape, scamp

« FRV Benefit | BUGS »