Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM   #57

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
My thoughts inline below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
All good reasons and very similar to the reasons I liked the snoozy also. To borrow yours for emphasis...

1) One BIG open space, one big room. That's probably the main reason. And with the extra window across from the sofa, it will be even better.A fair point.

2) All electric. Sounds good to me since I am not a chef and don't need propane for cooking . Has nothing to do with being a chef. Has to do with boondocking without using electricity.

3) Dedicated bed in the Snoozy. Still plenty of room in the main cabin. We have that in our Escape.

4) More comfortable seating in the Snoozy. I wanted to delete the sofa to add a couple of recliners. But the water tank is under one half of the sofa. It may be possible to put a cabinet there or something and have one recliner but that would only be one seat. I'm single so it wouldn't bother me at all. You may be right about the seating. We have a dinette, not the most comfortable.

5) Cassette toilet in the Snoozy. I've never used one but I can get used to it. I like not having a black tank to dump. Dumping is easy. Takes 5 minutes while breaking camp. And a plumbed black tank allows extended stays without frequent dumping.

6) The huge storage under the queen bed also. Have that in my Escape.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #58

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
The vent hoods over the stoves in trailers are not very powerful as they are meant to run on 12volts.
No, it's not that they're 12 volt, it's that they're cheap and poorly designed. 12 volts is more than enough to run a proper high quality fan. I retrofitted a SAM-1 Range Hood squirrel cage fan to replace the cheap tin box fan that comes with all these range hoods. Whisper quiet, moves a ton of air, two levels of LED lighting, 3 speeds, interior vent lever, and no cooking odors.

This can be done on any RV range hood, so the cooking odors issue goes away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_135818.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	107946

http://www.fabulousoperatingproducts.com/upgrade-kit

Old 06-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #59

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Prices- Casita vs. LIL Snoozy

Really the only appliance that you can't easily work around in an all electric trailer is the hot water. When we boondock we just heat water on the butane burner if we can't run the genny . We cook on a butane burner and I use a portable propane heater when needed. our Truckfridge works great on our two golf cart batteries for up to three days, indefinitely with occasional generator use.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #60

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
Really the only appliance that you can't easily work around in an all electric trailer is the hot water. When we boondock we just heat water on the butane burner if we can't run the genny . We cook on a butane burner and I use a portable propane heater when needed. our Truckfridge works great on our two golf cart batteries for up to three days, indefinitely with occasional generator use.
Right, and that's precisely the point. Different folks camp in different ways. We've spent as much as a week to 10 days boondocking, so the hot water for a nice shower and the ability to camp until basically we run out of food - and without using a generator - is huge for us. If 3 days is your max, or a generator doesn't bother you, then a different choice might make alot of sense.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:58 PM   #61

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
It seems like most of the arguments against all-electric have to do with boondocking. I'm not planning on boondocking except in a Walmart parking lot occasionally. So it doesn't bother me of course. All electric is fine for me.

And it takes me longer to hook up the hose than 5 minutes much less the time to flush both tanks and then wrap everything up and put it back.

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #62

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
It seems like most of the arguments against all-electric have to do with boondocking. I'm not planning on boondocking except in a Walmart parking lot occasionally. So it doesn't bother me of course. All electric is fine for me.

And it takes me longer to hook up the hose than 5 minutes much less the time to flush both tanks and then wrap everything up and put it back.
Right, so again, all electric makes sense for you since you don't boondock.

One minor point is, we aren't talking about flushing the tanks, just dumping. That's quick. I do flush (rinse) the tanks before I store the trailer, and that can take 20 minutes or so.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #63

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner
Georgia
Quote:
Really the only appliance that you can't easily work around in an all electric trailer is the hot water. When we boondock we just heat water on the butane burner if we can't run the genny . We cook on a butane burner and I use a portable propane heater when needed
Is there a practical way to heat water on a stove then get it into your hot water tank for a shower? I've done that with a solar bag shower (like for backpacking) but it's awkward if you don't have a good hanging spot.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:08 PM   #64

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingBob View Post
Is there a practical way to heat water on a stove then get it into your hot water tank for a shower? I've done that with a solar bag shower (like for backpacking) but it's awkward if you don't have a good hanging spot.
I have heard where a person purchased a "bug sprayer" to use as a dedicated shower. You heat the water on the stove and dump it into the sprayer, and add cold water to the tank until you get a comfortable temperature. You pump up the sprayer and take it into the shower with you.
Dave & Paula
Old 06-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #65

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
LOL
That sounds like a good idea!

The Don Pod
Old 06-28-2017, 07:01 AM   #66

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
Isn't it great that all the manufacturers take a different path design wise? That allows buyers to get what they want. Different prices, different sizes, different appliances, etc.

So get what YOU want.

And the great thing with molded trailers is if you make a mistake, you can get out without losing a lot of $$ and buy something else. Try that with cars; or houses; or most anything else.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #67

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Very nice snoozy at the 8:50 Mark with propane and a nice compact Furnace shown in the cupboard, non wood floor an added bonus. And those truck camper folks love their rear doors.
https://youtu.be/HeMfbRqLfDk

Yep, burning man uses the bug sprayer showers, even sells black ones you sit in the sun. youtube "Kariba" shower for a slick propane combo stove/shower setup.

Why are there so many posts that say no propane in a snoozy, when the factory has been referring customers to a propane installer for years?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #68

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I have heard where a person purchased a "bug sprayer" to use as a dedicated shower. You heat the water on the stove and dump it into the sprayer, and add cold water to the tank until you get a comfortable temperature. You pump up the sprayer and take it into the shower with you.
Dave & Paula

That would work. When boondocking we usually don't use the shower until we can use the generator. Dave, what do you guys do. I know you added propane but did you add a propane hot water heater?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #69

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Isn't it great that all the manufacturers take a different path design wise? That allows buyers to get what they want.
You are so right.

I have a bad habit of doing tons of research before I make a purchase, even on smaller things like a Bluetooth speaker or sometimes things in the grocery store. When I decided I didn't want to travel in a big long trailer that I already owned, but wanted to go small and probably fiberglass, I was surprised at the price of the Casita and the Scamper. I had not looked at them in so long and what I came up to $15,000 to $20,000, I had immediate sticker shock. After a while I got over that and realized it's the way the market is. The last few months I've investigated the other brands and reinvestigated Oliver which is now back on the market, I still think the Casita and the Scamp offer the most for the money. But I finally talked myself into spending more and going for the Snoozy, probably, unless I change my mind, again. 😀😁

And people here have correctly said spend the money and get what you want. My closest friend is 84 years old and lost both of her sons over 20 years ago. She's always told me to spend the money on myself because I can't take it with me. I'm single and she knows I'm very frugal but not cheap. We'll see within the next couple of years if anything new hits the market or changes. Thanks for the excellent advice everyone is giving, especially the pros and cons and technical issues. It is all very helpful.

😇😇🙃😏👍👌👏👏👈

The Don Pod
Old 06-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #70

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
That would work. When boondocking we usually don't use the shower until we can use the generator. Dave, what do you guys do. I know you added propane but did you add a propane hot water heater?
Charlie, I have only found one water heater that has intake/output venting through the floor, but it is way too expensive to justify. I just can't bring myself to cut the smooth sides of the trailer, so that is why we don't have any outside access doors, and a propex furnace that exits gasses out the floor. We either run the generator for 15-20 minutes for the electric water heater, or heat water on the SMEV propane stove.
Dave & Paula

Tags
casita, lil snoozy