Prices for used Casitas - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #29

Name: Susan
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Greetings.
I am new to the forum and hope I am posting in the correct area. I am interested in a 2006 16' Freedom Deluxe on the market in my area. I have tried to do my "homework" and it seems like a good deal but sure could use some feedback. It is in good condition with the exception of some surface rust on the frame and the emergency window has some silicone work so maybe it leaked but no water damaged that I could see.

It is being sold "as is" by a used car group that doesn't handle these items as the norm. I had them hook it up so I could see if everything works inside. The fridge did not come on but I am thinking they did not know how to turn it on (AD/DC/Gas) and since it is "as is".......they are not willing to pursue.

Asking $5,000 (I haven't made an offer yet)
Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #30

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
Susan/Daisee, I only know enough about Casitas to have ordered a new one that I don't have yet, but it seems to me that the 2006 Freedom Deluxe you found may be a good deal. Since you're in TX where they're made, I suggest you call Casita to see if they would repair it after you buy it, and/or if they can tell you who in your area knows enough to look at it for you and at least give you an informed idea as to its problems. Or look at the member list here and on the Casita forum for someone nearby. Good luck!

Wendy

Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #31

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
William/Whoot, Congratulations on your new purchase! A couple of things -- the anti-sway bar is an option you could have ordered and probably still can. Regarding delivery vs. pickup, it's recommended that you stop overnight in a park not far from Rice and spend the next X hours checking everything out and making sure you know what things do. That way, if necessary, the next morning you can return to Rice. Also, I'm told that you'll be given the name of a nearby RV supplier where you can add whatever stuff you need -- and there's a lot of possibilities. I already have a long list of add-ons I'll need at some point. So I'm going to pick mine up, since I'm retired and have whatever time I need. If you decide to do the same, let me know your pickup date. Maybe we can get coffee!
Old 04-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #32

Name: Susan
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Thanks Wendy for the advice. The Casita staff was awesome!!!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #33

Name: William
Trailer: Casita SD17
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyW View Post
William/Whoot, Congratulations on your new purchase! A couple of things -- the anti-sway bar is an option you could have ordered and probably still can. Regarding delivery vs. pickup, it's recommended that you stop overnight in a park not far from Rice and spend the next X hours checking everything out and making sure you know what things do. That way, if necessary, the next morning you can return to Rice. Also, I'm told that you'll be given the name of a nearby RV supplier where you can add whatever stuff you need -- and there's a lot of possibilities. I already have a long list of add-ons I'll need at some point. So I'm going to pick mine up, since I'm retired and have whatever time I need. If you decide to do the same, let me know your pickup date. Maybe we can get coffee!
Hi Wendy, I am currently planning to have them deliver the Casita to me in NJ, though I realize that is not ideal. It's about $2k to have them deliver it, but I would spend $1k if I drove to TX and back. Plus I'm afraid of crashing it, lol. Once I have "settled in" to the Casita, I hope to take some extended vacations in it. Perhaps then, we can have coffee
Old 04-16-2015, 08:59 PM   #34

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
I thought the same thing, cost almost as much for them to deliver as it would to pick up my scamp. So i picked it up and turned it to a little vacay, instead of handing over almost $2000 bucks, at least i got to see MN and some nice campgrounds on the way back for all that money. Never towed, learned a lot, Good luck with it. Carl

Tags
casita