prices wanted - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Class C Trailblazer Motorhome
Posts: 15
Exclamation

Please help.

Where can I go on the internet to get prices for Scamp fifth wheel and its options. I have tried their website but no prices are listed. Instead of calling the factory, I would rather see this information on the internet so I can print it off and show it to my husband.

Thanks,
Bonnie
__________________

__________________
Bonnie Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
From Scamp's own website:

For a free brochure, current prices, additional information, or to order your new Scamp please call our toll free number, 1-800-346-4962.

They are the only ones that can tell you since there aren't any dealers. Last year's prices probably no longer apply.
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Posts: 143
Hi Bonnie,
I have Scamp lit. and price lists from last summer. I'll be happy to send it to you
or drop it off for you. Do you live in Petoskey area?
__________________
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 3,029
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Here is where you start:

www.nada.com

This is where you want to go for a listing of the makes and years:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueYear...08&Letter=S

This is where you would find our 2002:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueRepo...odel=2300055566


The NADA estimates seam to be low and that may be because there are not many Scamp 5ths sold. I can tell you this, we paid $11,000 a couple of years ago for this 2002 unit and have added things like the microwave, LCD TV, Safe, and other things and we would not sell it for less than $14,000 today.

Call Scamp and get the price for a new one (Deluxe) and load on the extras from the factory and I would think it would be around $20,000. include the Class II hitch in the rear of the camper, etc. (Safe - You have to get one and install it yourself)

Please let us know what you find out.

DR
__________________
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Class C Trailblazer Motorhome
Posts: 15
Exclamation

Quote:
Hi Bonnie,
I have Scamp lit. and price lists from last summer. I'll be happy to send it to you
or drop it off for you. Do you live in Petoskey area?
David,
Thanks for the offer, but I already called to get a brochure from factory. I was just trying to get a price figure quicker - - - we are excited about this change from big to egg and waiting for any part of it is hard.

No. Not from Petosky area - - near Cadillac.

Thanks for your help,

Bon
__________________
Bonnie Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Class C Trailblazer Motorhome
Posts: 15
Exclamation

Quote:
From Scamp's own website:

For a free brochure, current prices, additional information, or to order your new Scamp please call our toll free number, 1-800-346-4962.

They are the only ones that can tell you since there aren't any dealers. Last year's prices probably no longer apply.

Thanks Donna,

I called for info, but was looking for faster information - - we are just a BIT excited about this and waiting is hard.

Bon
__________________
Bonnie Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Class C Trailblazer Motorhome
Posts: 15
Exclamation

Quote:
Here is where you start:

www.nada.com

This is where you want to go for a listing of the makes and years:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueYear...08&Letter=S

This is where you would find our 2002:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueRepo...odel=2300055566
The NADA estimates seam to be low and that may be because there are not many Scamp 5ths sold. I can tell you this, we paid $11,000 a couple of years ago for this 2002 unit and have added things like the microwave, LCD TV, Safe, and other things and we would not sell it for less than $14,000 today.

Call Scamp and get the price for a new one (Deluxe) and load on the extras from the factory and I would think it would be around $20,000. include the Class II hitch in the rear of the camper, etc. (Safe - You have to get one and install it yourself)

Please let us know what you find out.

DR

DR,
Went to NADA. Used prices is all I could find. Their "options" weren't exactly Scamp-like, so I guessed as best I could. Put in 2006 Scamp 19' fifth wheel with package, added 4 ft. fridge, smallest furnace, smallest air and 10 ft. awning. Low price - $11,015. Average Retail - $13,280. Are these even close to new pricing?

Also - - you mentioned a Class II hitch in the rear of the camper ------ is that the gooseneck that hooks the fifther to the truck or something different?

Thanks for your help,
Bon
__________________
Bonnie Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Posts: 5,000
Bonnie, unfortunately for you there will be a wait for a new one. I don't know how far out Scamp's production is already spoken for, but pre-fire they had a waiting list of several months.

Lots of folks who were going to order new buy used, but the used FGRV market is pretty much a seller's market. I think you'll find most late-model used (as in '04-06) Scamp fifth wheels run between $12,000 for a stock model without a bath or A/C to around $16,000 for a used Deluxe model (depending on conditions and options of course) and most of them sell within ten days of being listed; usually to the first person who sees them. They don't depreciate much at all, and they're in demand. Trailers sell faster simply because there are more people willing to tow them, but the fifth wheels are in demand. The more options they have, the more "in-demand" they are, and the faster they sell. A lot depends on how much the seller wants to hold out for.

Older Scamps can still be had more reasonably, and may offer you real value depending on your wants/needs. It appears that late '80s/early '90s models are only bringing from $5,000 to $7,000, but again they're fairly rare.

IIRC, before I bought the 2000 model Deluxe fifth wheel last February , I priced a new '06 identically equipped for comparison (pre-fire), and it was over $19k. I don't know what the '07s run.

Roger
__________________
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Class C Trailblazer Motorhome
Posts: 15
Exclamation

Roger,

I called Scamp and Wayne said that a unit ordered now could be picked up some time in late March or early April, depending on the configuration, options, etc.

Bon
__________________

__________________
Bonnie Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trim Lok prices Mike Shackelford Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 12 08-03-2010 04:33 AM
New prices Scott C General Chat 7 05-05-2009 07:55 PM
Gas Prices again in BC jdtrotter General Chat 7 05-09-2006 08:02 PM
Gas prices going up? General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.