Pricing for a Cloud - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: 72 cloud, old 80s scamp
Wisconsin
Pricing for a Cloud

Good evening. I have been following this forum for some time and have gotten a lot of advice from a lot of knowledgeable people. I owned a scamp passed down from my dad for years.

My question now is... My daughter (6 years old) and I picked up a winter project, a 1972 cloud. We are almost done restoring it and want to sell it. I have looked and looked and can't find one to compare for pricing. Anyone see any for sale for comparable's please????

P.S. I HATE the front windows of these campers! I admitted defeat and paid $40 to have the window put in by a professional! (If only he knew I would have paid double!!!!)
Willieswonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Basically you don't want to care what others are selling for because it's almost impossible to compare two trailers as to condition and features.

Right now the buying season is just starting and you should start by posting it for whatever price you think it might bring. Any 40+ y.o. FGRV in decent condition and ready-to-tow will bring in between $3500 and $6000, some even more.

Best selling prices seem to come from eBay sales as you hit a much wider audience. Just put it up with a reserve price and sit back and watch.

BTW: I am guessing it is ready-to-tow, new tires, bearings repacked and a current title and registration in your name. Those are all essentials for top sales prices

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The Cloud is a really unusual build. Do you have the 3D decals? Pictures to share?

In the end it's about what you're willing to sell for and what a buyer is willing to pay. You just need to meet in the middle.

I'd like to see pics!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #4

Name: Jerry
Trailer: 72 cloud, old 80s scamp
Wisconsin
Thanks for the responses. I don't have the 3d decals at all. I would like to put a picture up but it keeps asking for an Internet address but it's on my computer! The camper is coming along really nice and I will have a hard time getting rid of it!
Willieswonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willieswonder View Post
Thanks for the responses. I don't have the 3d decals at all. I would like to put a picture up but it keeps asking for an Internet address but it's on my computer! The camper is coming along really nice and I will have a hard time getting rid of it!
Would this help in posting your picture?
Fiberglass RV - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

"Attachments and Images"
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote