Private Propterty - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #1

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Private Propterty

I live near a well liked public park and have had to deal with people who think our yard is public ground. The dog used to get nasty. At 14, we can only depend on her doing that with the UPS guy. Micro managing from the porch. I was standing up stairs and witnessed about 10 shirtless young men coming into my yard, laying on the grass and drinking out of the creek. I was about to say something when I realized the worst thing you could do was let someone drink untreated water. Hey, guys, things pee and poop in there and fish do it too.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You could start a side business of selling cholera,salmonella, test kits. Better yet, post signs, "contaminated sewer discharge" Then stock up on bottle water and sell them for $4/each. Might as well make some money while in misery.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ugh, this makes my stomach flip around with the memory of having giardia. Not such a walk in the park...so to speak! That sounds annoying to constantly have people lurking in your yard.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Proof that you don't really need a clue to do some good in the area of gene pool improvement.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
Registry
Getting a puppy now will also help in a year or so, on several fronts.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #6

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita
Arizona
You could get one of these motion activated sprinklers.
http://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-Wate...imal+Repellent
ewauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I have wonder how upset I would be if it was 10 shirtless young women laying around my yard.

Seriously though, it is sad how little respect that some show for others property. The young are the worst it seems, as they do not yet realize the worth of many things.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have wonder how upset I would be if it was 10 shirtless young women laying around my yard.

Seriously though, it is sad how little respect that some show for others property.
True, and we're about to see just how little!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
If they were causing a problem I guess I would call the authorities. But some guys hanging out taking about girls and cars and what ever young guys talk about these days, I'd cut them some slack. I might even offer them some water. They just might be the next ones called on to protect my rights, property and others Just a thought. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #10

Name: Logan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
If they were causing a problem I guess I would call the authorities. But some guys hanging out taking about girls and cars and what ever young guys talk about these days, I'd cut them some slack. I might even offer them some water. They just might be the next ones called on to protect my rights, property and others Just a thought. Raz
They might also be the next one to destroy and or steal your property.
841K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #11

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Very thoughtful comment. Made my day!

Thanks.
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I just want you to know that I did not walk on your yard when I would hang out in that park. I did, however, find a nice bunch of morel mushrooms up the hill from you in the park.

College town.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #13

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 841K9 View Post
They might also be the next one to destroy and or steal your property.
Yup but I suspect they are less likely to do it if you take the time to get to know them. There is an old saying that it takes a village to raise a child. I have group of kids in the neighborhood who like to use my back yard to build mountain bike jumps over the lane way ditch. My partner actually helped them build a bit safer jump. I have no problem with them doing it even though it doesn't do my back lawn any big favors when its wet out as its nice to see kids outside and having fun. As a child my family owned property beside a public beach and we often had people cut through our front yard. my parents didn't make a fuss about that as they felt it was just a minor downside to being able to live beside a beautiful public beach.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #14

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I have group of kids in the neighborhood who like to use my back yard to build mountain bike jumps over the lane way ditch. My partner actually helped them build a bit safer jump. I have no problem with them doing it even though it doesn't do my back lawn any big favors when its wet out as its nice to see kids outside and having fun.
Hmmmm..... Have you checked your insurance to see what happens if one of them - with your knowledge and consent - uses your property for his/her take-off ramp and the flight ends a tad spectacularly? just a thot......
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #15

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
Hmmmm..... Have you checked your insurance to see what happens if one of them - with your knowledge and consent - uses your property for his/her take-off ramp and the flight ends a tad spectacularly? just a thot......

No need to as I carry a big chuck of voluntary liability insurance and I have talked to all their parents about the ramifications of any of their kids hurting themselves on my property as most of the parents happen to be lawyers. All good We have had one or two spectacular or rad as the kids would say landings Apparently their parents feel if their kid breaks an arm or a leg it just all part of being a kid and if they werent doing it in my yard they would be doing it some place else where its probable not as safe.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #16

Name: Logan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
No need to as I carry a big chuck of voluntary liability insurance and I have talked to all their parents about the ramifications of any of their kids hurting themselves on my property as most of the parents happen to be lawyers. All good We have had one or two spectacular or rad as the kids would say landings Apparently their parents feel if their kid brakes an arm or a leg it just all part of being a kid and if they werent doing it in my yard they would be doing it some place else where its probable not as safe.
I hope you have that in writing. Lawyers aren't generally known for keeping their word when a financial windfall is involved.

Money, in large sums, is quite an incentive.

I've had far too much theft to ever allow any unwanted visitors on my property.

Interestingly, the theft stopped when I started buying military vehicles and leaving them in the driveway.
841K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #17

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Personally, I never bother to look at the negative ramifications of doing a good deed. Nobody would ever take action if this was the case. I'll take my chances on being a nice guy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #18

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Personally, I never bother to look at the negative ramifications of doing a good deed. Nobody would ever take action if this was the case. I'll take my chances on being a nice guy.
I just started to type the same thought, but you put it nicely!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #19

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 841K9 View Post
Lawyers aren't generally known for keeping their word when a financial windfall is involved.

Money, in large sums, is quite an incentive.
It does not have to be a lawyer or a windfall, what is in ones back pocket influences many a decision.

Quote:
Personally, I never bother to look at the negative ramifications of doing a good deed.
There is a difference between doing a good deed and being a good samaritan. One has more protection for the latter.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #20

Pennsylvania
Registry
One can always post a "Trespass at your own risk" sign or "No Trespassing". These options may ordinarily transfer most of the burden off the owner. Similar to pool signs, "Use at your own risk".