Problem Connecting to FBGRV Site using Firefox - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Problem Connecting to FBGRV Site using Firefox

When I connect to Fiberglass RV using Firefox, the icon in tab changes to a circle that keeps looping around indicating loading or busy.

The blue circle just keeps looping around and around until I click the X to Stop Loading this Page. I'm guessing it is looking for some kind of end message and is not recognizing it.

I tried the page with Safari and it loads properly. With Firefox it works fine, but even over night, it indicates it is still loading.

If anyone else has Firefox, can you tell me if FBGRV loads properly?
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'm on Firefox. No issues.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I'm on Firefox. No issues.
So your tab looks like this?

And not like this?

Old 08-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #4

This is my top bar:
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 4.11.11 PM.png  
Old 08-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #5

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I use Firefox and occasionally I run into this. It gets hung up on some Java script, or a plugin. Stopping and reloading the page does it for me. Yes, it is a pain...
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hmmm,
I've been thinking of migrating to firefox. Seems that XP and IE8 is slowly being antiquated by the rest of the world. Why have an internet box if the internet does not support it?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #7

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
I use Firefox and occasionally I run into this. It gets hung up on some Java script, or a plugin. Stopping and reloading the page does it for me. Yes, it is a pain...
I think if it was a script, there would be a message, so I'm guessing a plugin. I tried to update my plugins, but they are as up to date as they can be with the version of Mac OS X I am on.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #8

Virginia
Thanks everyone.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:40 AM   #9

Virginia
Now this is just plain weird. This morning the problem is gone.

Did not restart Firefox. Did not change anything. FGRB was open in a tab all night.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:41 AM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Safari was also acting weird yesterday on my MacBook, blinking off briefly as I scrolled. Looked like pop-up boxes might be appearing for an instant and then disappearing. Noticed it on FGRV, but affected other sites as well. Did an Apple software update last night & problem is gone now. Could your computer have done an automatic update during the night?
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #11

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Safari was also acting weird yesterday on my MacBook, blinking off briefly as I scrolled. Looked like pop-up boxes might be appearing for an instant and then disappearing. Noticed it on FGRV, but affected other sites as well. Did an Apple software update last night & problem is gone now. Could your computer have done an automatic update during the night?
I don't think so. I get a message telling me an update is ready to be installed. I did click on software update yesterday, but it said everything was up to date. And I still had the error after that.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I don't think so. I get a message telling me an update is ready to be installed. I did click on software update yesterday, but it said everything was up to date. And I still had the error after that.
It may remain a mystery… I'll never know whether my software update "fixed" the problem, or if the problem was on someone else's system and got fixed by them during the night. There was an issue with the FGRV app and iPhones a few months back - same thing.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #13

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Had no problems here but I use chrome. Could be that there was something wrong with you dns setting but that would mess with all the websites. I can tell you that Microsoft did something to XP in the months running up to them dropping support. Some of the updates slowed it down to a crawl. I worked on a few xp boxes but could not find the update that did it. Just upgraded them to windows 7.
The other thing is that there may have been an ad on the fiberglass rv site that was not loading properly. There are ad blocking programs that can help that (yes I know that the ads keep the site open).
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #14

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Firefox user here, no problems with FGRV.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
The other thing is that there may have been an ad on the fiberglass rv site that was not loading properly.
I think you have identified the prime suspect since the ads are targeting you, they are different for different members. I have seen "waiting for ....." and the laggard was an ad.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #16

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
I had Firefox for many years and really liked it a lot. This past year it got so bad that I had trouble even using my computer. One of the problems was because i could not upgrade to the new version and I couldn't delete it to start over. I had trouble using this sight and many others. I had to put my computer in the shop to have it cleaned at that time I ask them to take it off,the tech guy said that a lot of people were having problems with the older versions.He suggested that I let him install the new one but I told him no.
I would suggest you try to delete what you have and start over with the new version or go to something different. mind you now,I am not a computer smart person and am NOT giving any advise just telling you I had problems and had it removed.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #17

I don't think the problem was Firefox.