Prolite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #1

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Prolite

If this is posted in the wrong forum will someone please move it to where it should be?

I found this webpage -

http://www.roulottesprolite.com/english/models.htm

I'm wondering if there is anyone here who knows something about these. They sure are light and at the moment sounding rather interesting.
I notice that there isn't even a hint of price which makes me wonder a bit.
The webpage says nothing about insulation that I could see (might be there somewhere.)

Not moulded fibreglass I guess. What do you guys think of aspects like 'how well would they hold together'?

Oh boy - I'd really like a camper that doesn't require 'middle of the night gymnastics' when I/hubby have to get up to 'go'. We'd like a porta potti, furnace, fridge and adequate storage too. We have the latter three items in our old Ventura and wouldn't want to lose these comforts.

Looking forward to some thoughts and comments - there are so many experienced camper folk here!
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
I notice that there isn't even a hint of price which makes me wonder a bit.
I think providing an information brochure without prices in it is taught in Marketing 101.
It makes the shopper curious enough to visit a dealership.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
That is according to my knowledge a fairly cheap trailer (built 50 km from home). I've seen a couple of them. They are made of sandwich plywood covered with fiberglass. Supposed to be light but heavier than a true FGRV for copmarable size. Don't loose your time, buy a true fiberglass trailer a new or old one but stay with the real and reliable solution.
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #4

Saskatchewan
Frederick - not giving info can just as easily backfire on them too. Many people live way too far away from the listed vendor to just go and check them out. At least some of these people will go to the closest vender of trailers and pick from what is available.

Normand - thanks for your feedback, we will definitely bear it in mind if we go to see these trailers. On the website they sound lighter than our Ventura (which is in their favour), also have a floor plan that would work better for us (another thing in their favour). There will be many questions asked before we buy anything to replace what we have.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Find out when they started manufacturing and what a used one sells for. That alone will tell you alot about value.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #6

Saskatchewan
That is a good point Donna. The other side is that we are older and our camping yearss are limited. Resale isn't seeming vitally important compared with cost, weight and comfort at the moment.

Oh boy - good thing we aren't desperate for a new trailer - just thinking a different one might be better for us.

It really is too bad that all the moulded 13' versions seem to have the same stupid bed set-up! They mostly also have items we don't want - like plumbing and an indoor stove - they would be lighter without these things. It seems we aren't the only couple who would be happy without them.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hazel, I wasn't meaning so much for resale for you as much as what the value may be of a used one. That often well tell you if it's a good value or not. For instance if a five year old trailer practically has to be given away.. there's got to be a reason. And I'm not saying that's the case with this particular brand of sticky... but, it's worth checking into.

Escape, Trillium (US), Parkliner and Lil Snoozy seem to be the current manufacturers that will really try to build a trailer the way you want. Have you checked them out... with the manufacturer?

While you may not be the only couple who's interested in a hard sided tent, most people who are looking to move up from a canvas tent would like to have 'most' options... and that's a general statement.

Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote