propane purchase info - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17 ft Bigfoot
Posts: 9

Hello
We have gotten great info from this site, such as the web site of the rv park reviews. Great, use it all the time now. In fact we used the reviews to find a campground in Jersy City where we parked with a nice view of the Statue of Liberty, so thanks to all here and the fiberglass website.

So am wondering if there is a website that gives locations and prices of propane as my new used tug can burn propane. 70 gallon tank so every cent adds up. So if we fill the truck and our two 30 gallon trailer tanks and find a fill up spot that is 10 cents/gal cheaper we am looking at a $13 savings.

Rodney and Maria
__________________

__________________
Rodney Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Hello
We have gotten great info from this site, such as the web site of the rv park reviews. Great, use it all the time now. In fact we used the reviews to find a campground in Jersy City where we parked with a nice view of the Statue of Liberty, so thanks to all here and the fiberglass website.

So am wondering if there is a website that gives locations and prices of propane as my new used tug can burn propane. 70 gallon tank so every cent adds up. So if we fill the truck and our two 30 gallon trailer tanks and find a fill up spot that is 10 cents/gal cheaper we am looking at a $13 savings.

Rodney and Maria
Rodney and Maria,

Welcome to FGRV.

I can't help with sites for LPG motor fuel (try Google), but I think your calculations are off a bit. The tanks on your Bigfoot are 30 pound, not 30 gallon. A 30 pound tank holds about 80% of 7.5 gallons of propane; about 6 gallons per tank. Another factor to consider is that you'll seldom fill both trailer tanks at the same time.
__________________

__________________
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #3
Member
 
ERIC B.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Posts: 91
Rodney,
Try here:

http://www.usepropane.com/find/


Take care.
__________________
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Tom Trostel's Avatar
 
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Posts: 1,300
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Truck stops sell propane. Some refrigerated semi trailers use propane. Check their websites. I just looked at Flying J and found propane prices listed with their gasoline prices.

http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortalWebPro...tProvCode%7D=TX
__________________
1980 Bigfoot 17' & former owner of 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Member
 
Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Posts: 50
[For our trailer and barbecue propane tanks we find that Costco has the cheapest prices around.
__________________
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Doug Mager's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Posts: 2,536
Registry
Quote:
[For our trailer and barbecue propane tanks we find that Costco has the cheapest prices around.
Your CostCo does PROPANE???
Are these the preloaded 'swap-able' tanks?
I've not seen a CostCo with a propane refueling center....
__________________
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Chris Z's Avatar
 
Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Posts: 412
Registry
I refill mine at U-haul but it's down the street from me.
__________________
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Pat C's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Posts: 168
Registry
Quote:
Your CostCo does PROPANE???
Are these the preloaded 'swap-able' tanks?
I've not seen a CostCo with a propane refueling center....
Our Cosco in Sudbury Ont. has a propane refill station and the prices are the cheapest around....Pat.
__________________
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #9
Member
 
Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Posts: 50
The Costco in Prince George has a refilling station. I know it's a bit far away from you but you could check around to see which ones do this.
__________________

__________________
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
propane


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Escape purchase Glenn Baglo General Chat 11 06-12-2008 07:38 AM
Any info on Coleman propane lamp? Bobbie Mayer Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 12 08-08-2007 10:53 PM
Wanted to Purchase Robert Meyer Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 1 07-30-2007 06:42 PM
My new purchase Chris Ennever General Chat 14 05-13-2007 01:49 PM
looking to purchase 13' or 16' fiberglass sumphrey Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 0 07-25-2006 09:41 AM

» Trailer Showcase

Dottie

Loulou

P-eggy

itlives
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.