Propane tanks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #15
Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We have replaced one of our propane tanks with a generator. We don't have a heater so our one propane tank does last a long time. When we saw Pete's post regarding the " Mr. Heater Propane Steak Saver Adapter", we thought it would be a good thing for us to have.

I phoned Camping World and they had 4 today (now they have 3). I did talk to one of the employees that uses one and he said it's great. With this adapter and a one-pound cylinder, we will be happy campers until we can get our propane tank filled.

Thanks Pete.

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Good heavens, 20lb per trip??? In cold weather I might use 3 or 4 lbs per trip. If I filled it up every trip, my friends at the local gas station would start giving a bad time. We only pay for the tank takes, just like your TV gas tank. I've topped off for as little as $1.50...
Of course only a very long trip would use 20 lb... my point is that the easiest thing might be to just top it off, as Byron did.

Yes, it would be nice if portable tanks fills were charged by actual propane delivered, but that's not how it works around here. A fill of a motorhome-style fixed tank would be charged by actual amount, but those tanks are hundreds of dollars more expensive than a common portable (it currently costs only $25 - Canadian - to buy a new tank with OPD at Costco).

1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote