Pull OVER!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe

That's what happened our first few rallies in Texas, except we had the Scamp 5th wheel among many Casitas. Great way to meet folks.

Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
If I were being bothered at my house, I'd just put a sign on it "For Sale-$14,995- Firm" It will either solve it or you'll be very happily looking for your next egg.

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #17
Trailer: Casita
The first summer that we had our Boler, I was awakened very early one morning (still dark outside) by insane pounding on our front door. Sure that it was a major emergency, I ran to the door in my PJs and threw open the door. There was a man standing there that asked "how much?" I asked what he was talking about and he said "the trailer -- how much for it?"
It's not for sale I told him. He shoved a piece of paper into my hand with his phone number and told me he was off to work. Call if I changed my mind.

We live on a major urban street. That day I made up a sign for the window that said

We park it out of town in the winter. Every spring people stop to try and buy it.
Carol, find out the cost of two of them, and there's your selling price....pocket half and buy a new one.......
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
I have my employer's 16' Casita parked in my yard and my own 13'. I have had three people stop by and ask about buying them. At least three times while traveling I have had people stop and ask to see the one I was pulling.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #19
Trailer: 2007 Casita
In all the stalking/chasing down/waving/thumbs up/lookie lou, encounters I can't remember one asking if it was for sale. They just wanted to see it! I agree that when your using it, it's a little odd that someone would think your gonna sell it to them right then and there. Not that when I was in searching mode for my trailer I wouldn't have asked someone if they wanted to sell. But I would have probably just said, if you are ever thinking of selling, give me a call. (I did, they never called ). We have had so many lookie lou encounters though that I truly wonder how the little retro "glass" trailers even get anywhere, cause our 17 draws attention more times than not. That may be cause of where we camp/travel destinations may be the land of the Big rv's, large toy haulers, large stickies but can't imagine having one of those retro cuties. Only one time was I not prepard to give a tour. Of course my Mom's words growing up rang in my head, Make your bed the minute you get up.......................LOL, oh well the tourist in Yellowstone saw my bed a mess. and dirty clothes and shoes all over. I warned them!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #20
Name: Alan
Trailer: FORMERLY:Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
hahahahaha - I **LOVE** it. Either way you win.

Did Earl tell you his story? After getting home from Backus with the future Peanut, he went back to W*rk and came home one day to find a note on his front door asking if it was for sale. BRAND SPANKING NEW. I like your approach. That reminds me of a commercial on TV a while back. It was a fast food trade show. They all had booths and there was a kid in one booth - just him and his lawn chair. And a sign that said Fast Food Consultant. $25,000 He said - it only takes one.

If I were being bothered at my house, I'd just put a sign on it "For Sale-$14,995- Firm" It will either solve it or you'll be very happily looking for your next egg.
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #21
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I agree that when your using it, it's a little odd that someone would think your gonna sell it to them right then and there.
But it does happen. The folks I bought my Scamp from, sold one in a rest area! They were traveling back to Oregon from a trip in the Southwest and someone approached them at the rest stop. My friends had to rent a U-haul trailer to get their stuff home because their Scamp was bought out from under them at the rest area When they got back to Portland they ordered a new Scamp.... gotta admit that's a strange but true story!
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #22
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

I've had the "frantic waving" experience several years ago. That's how I met a fellow Fiber Stream owner. She honked and waved when she pulled beside me at a traffic light. We stopped in the next block and talked on the sidewalk. She was surprised to see another one so close to where she lived.

I've had people I know honk and wave as they passed me on the freeway, and I didn't recognize them. Months later they'd mention the incident at some function we'd be at together.

The 1st time I was asked if my Fiber Stream was for sale was when I was in the process of hitching up to go to Quartzsite last month.
A man who lives down the street ran across the street to ask as I was backing the Odyssey into position.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #23
Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Hi: CindyL...With that sign on you're just asking for it!!! LoL We had a guy chase us across a fast food pk'g lot and start stroking the fiberglass like you'd rub a dogs chin...Hmmmmm!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Now THAT'S FUNNY...in a creepy sort of way!
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #24
Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
We had someone come up andknock on the door and ask in a strange accent if we wanted to sell. It was just one of those creepy guys that cruise through neighborhoods looking to pick up a bargain on the cheap.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #25
Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Same here. We received plenty of attention with our Bigfoot 17.5CB but none so far with our 21RB. The logic sort of escapes me.
I think we lost the "cuteness factor" when we changed Casita for Bigfoot. I've never had strangers approach to see the BF, but with the Casita 17, it happened on every outing!
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #26
Name: Bill & Sandra Hanna
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
we always draw a crowd at the gas pump with the red VW and our Scamp 13'. Since we know this will happen, we have flyers on Scamp trailers to give to interested folks and are careful about how we pack her so she will look ok when folks what a peek inside. I can't tell you how many people we have gotten interested in Scamp. Hope they made a buck or two from sales! ha!
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #27
Trailer: Casita
after reading all the story and knowing the casita will give you a little kick back...I had some cards made...my name and email address on the front and a picture of a casita on the back..something to Hand out to anyone that looks or I meet....
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #28
Trailer: 2004 17' Casita
When I brought my work trailer home and had to pull the Egg out of the drive to park the big trailer my neighbor came running over and asked what we were going to do with it and was it for sale. Since he was a new neighbor and didn't know better, he thought we had bought the big trailer and were upgrading from the egg. I explained to him that the big one was for work and the little one was for play! I have since found him a Compact II that he is restoring. Kinda cool, I met a new friend and now there is another FG owner out there not to mention the little trailer he and I saved from being sent to the dump. Doug

Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote