Pull OVER!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #29

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
We have a 16' Scamp and usually at gas stations people walk up and say "that's a cute little trailer". They are amazed when we tell them it even has a bathroom!

Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #30

Name: Marjorie
Trailer: Looking
Colorado
I didn't have my Casita very long, but I did have one guy knock on my door.

It was a BLM ranger, he was checking to see if I was alright. Camped in a foot of snow out in the boonies at 10 degrees below zero. I sheepishly told him I was waiting for some meds for my dog to be delivered to the nearest town (she'd just had surgery and they had to order special medication) and then I was heading south, which was true. I don't like RV parks, I like solitude.

On another note, one time my friend and I tried our best to wave an RV owner down, we followed him for a good 10 miles on a back highway in Utah (by the Big Rock Candy Mtn) honking our horn and waving and flashing our lights. When we finally got to where we could pass him, we did, and forced him to stop.

He looked kind of freaked, he was driving a huge Class A, towing a small Honda car. I think maybe he thought we were going to rob him. But we told him he had a flat on his car. He jumped out and looked at it, it was down to the rim by then, sparking all over the highway. Not much longer and who knows, he might have even wrecked.

We helped him change the tire, he was an older guy, probably in his 80s. It all ended well.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #31

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr; 1972 Astro (Havasu?)
Washington
When I bought the Campact Jr; while I was hooking it up, the selling recieved a call. Gentleman on the phone offered medouble for it; sight unseen.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #32

Name: Ulysse
Trailer: 1976 Triple E Surfside
The thing that gets me sometimes,is when some people will sneak up on you,then blow the horn,and give a thumbs up.
Scares the !$#[at]$ out of you sometimes.

Especially when It's a big-rig.LOL
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #33

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Yeah and on top of that you're wondering if a wheel has come off or something. Sheesh!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #34

Name: Dana
Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
California
While going up the Cajon grade a pickup pulled up beside us and the passenger waved. I didn't see it -- I was concentrating on driving -- but my wife did and she smiled and waved back. That got my attention so I looked over and saw the passenger was pointing back and UP! A quick glance in the mirror confirmed our worst fear -- the pop-top had popped up!

We had been checking it in the mirrors for miles, but had become complacent.

I'm very thankful that woman waved and got our attention.

Oh yes, the catch mechanisms have been replaced with something much more suitable....
Old 04-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #35

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Hi all, long time no see!

I was at the Holtville Hotsprings in CA and a woman pulled into my camp and asked if my trailer was for sale. I said no, but gave her the FGRV web address...hope she found us here!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #36

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
I looked over and saw the passenger was pointing back and UP! A quick glance in the mirror confirmed our worst fear -- the pop-top had popped up!
That happened to us when we owned our Compact Jr.
This was back when I was relying on my memory, before I made my checklists!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #37

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1994
Registry
Five minutes before the transfer was complete at a NY DMV office, somebody in the parking lot asked me if my Scamp 13 was for sale... I hadn't even gotten the paperwork done. Happened again in the next town... Seems like everybody on our block has seen a tour of our little camper in the first two weeks.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #38

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
Our first ever camping trip at North Creek Campground here in Va, a guy pulls up and asks if our U-haul was for sale. I said sure, everything I own is for sale. When he asked how much I quoted a ridiculously high number for it.

He drove off ----- but what if he had accepted? You never know.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #39

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Our first ever camping trip at North Creek Campground here in Va, a guy pulls up and asks if our U-haul was for sale. I said sure, everything I own is for sale. When he asked how much I quoted a ridiculously high number for it.

He drove off ----- but what if he had accepted? You never know.
Bud, that is exactly how I ended up selling our rv park! In a conversation with a guest (who was looking at a business for sale in the area and he wasn't hooked on buying it) Trying to help him find other business opportunity's in the area. I said, Oh dammmmmmmmmm Ronnie every business in this canyon is for sale if the money is right! He asked what my "right" money was, I flipped out a crazy ridiculous price (thinking nothing of it) the next morning he asked me if I was serious? I said about what? He reminded me of our conversation.............. I said, ummmmm well sure! He bought it! I hadn't even told my Dh about the conversation and we were not looking to sell but he was buying for my "right" money! Even my DH was proud of me after he got over his shock! LOL............ Of course we missed it the minute we signed the paperwork! But I had my "right" money in the bank soooooooooooooooo
Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #40

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
Quote:
Bud, that is exactly how I ended up selling our rv park!
Do you think the buyer is happy with the deal now? (As I take the thread way off-topic.)
Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #41

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Do you think the buyer is happy with the deal now? (As I take the thread way off-topic.)
I am still in contact with them so I can say yes!

But I know the last few years with the economy and gas/diesel prices going crazy a couple summers ago it has been a struggle for them. Though when camper nights are all said and done at the end of the season, they aren't off all that much. They are just not growing. And you have to grow in business. And though there may be seasons that are off, they are still liven the dream!

I would give anything to still own it! I loved it! But I really think God made that deal, cause he knew what I was in for with Dh's health and knew I couldn't have kept it going and took care of him. I'd give anything to be back there liven that life!

So to take this back on topic! I would say, When you think your being cleaver throwing out a high sale price it might just come back to bite you in the camping bug! ........... Be careful if your not serious! Because I know from experience that they just might bite and then you might be without what truly brings you joy!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #42

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
Every time we go out, we get inquiries. It's a conversation starter.