Pulling Power - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #15

Name: Herb
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Transmission coolers are not visible unless you know where to look.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #16

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
I'm going to be pulling the 13' Deluxe Scamp with my Chevy Van most of the time. Has anyone had any problems pulling their campers with a 6cyl. engine? How does it seem to pull going through the mountains? We also have a Chevy Truck with a Duramax Diesel, but when I go alone, I want to use the Van. I just want to make sure I have enough power up some of those BIG hills.

I'm hoping to get a few replies on this from some of those who have traveled across the country to see how their rigs handled it.

Thanks
Mary Ann

Thanks Herb. He knows what he's doing with the tranny cooler. I guess it's just lack of communication between us here at home. He's been rebuilding engines, tractors and has built a 55 Chev Truck chopped with a hot rod engine, nytrus (sp), and the whole works.

I guess my main question was if others were towing with a 6 cyl engine, and if they had power pulling in the mountains.

Thanks Everyone
Mary Ann

Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #17

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
I had a 4 cyl Chev s10 pickup. I pulled my 13' scamp with. Only hills I have pulled in, is the hill coming out of Duluth,MN.
No pulling problems at all.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #18

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We have towed a Casita 16, a Scamp 16 and a Sunline 15.5 all with bathrooms across the USA and back with a '4 cylinder Honda CRV without problems. All of these are certainly heavier than a Scamp 13.

Norm
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #19

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
I'm going to be pulling the 13' Deluxe Scamp with my Chevy Van most of the time. Has anyone had any problems pulling their campers with a 6cyl. engine? How does it seem to pull going through the mountains? We also have a Chevy Truck with a Duramax Diesel, but when I go alone, I want to use the Van. I just want to make sure I have enough power up some of those BIG hills.

I'm hoping to get a few replies on this from some of those who have traveled across the country to see how their rigs handled it.

Thanks
Mary Ann
We have Scamp 13 deluxe front bath with every option save the second propane tank, we have towed it through the mountains of the east, and west into Oregon and Washington state and all over the lower 48, with our Ford Escape, 4CYL. 5spd manual. Great mileage and adequate power. Towed at 58-60MPH and had no problem maintaining that speed and mid 20s MPG.