Quartzite and Oliver - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #15
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I can't wait to see them at the Quartzsite gathering, although I would be a looky-loo. I'd consider the Olivers as several people have stated as appealing to the "luxury market" of which I'm not a part of. I still enjoy looking at them though and may pick up a few ideas for some "luxury mods" for my egg.

Still a little confused if they are going to attend the Quartzsite gathering with the Olivers or will just be in town like last year.

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #16
Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
The more fiberglass on the road the better! How great that there are other options for people! My son and I both had very nice sit-down-and-visit's with Mrs. Oliver at the OG and I found her to be very gracious. I'm impressed by how the company is willing to bend over backwards to accommodate you (as will Escape), and I absolutely LOVED the Route 66 fabric! Only wish I could recover the cushions in my Casita with it. It is a bit on the sterile side (which many would consider "modern"), and I can imagine how great it must be for those with allergies--and so easy to clean!

I doubt I'll ever part with my Casita, but I know it's not for everyone. With the new manufacturers out there, maybe there will someday be a FGRV for everyone!

Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
That's a wonderful photo of your trailer on the home page! Truly stunning. Makes me wish we had gone to Quartzite....

And, thanks for posting the photos of the Oliver interiors. I haven't seen the new 22 in person yet.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #18
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Having a Burro, and a big white interior, I can attest to the ease of cleaning. The other thing I like about it is that it does not really feel like a "camper". It's hard to explain. I like it, and with THREE dogs now, i appreciate it even more.

ALL white is a bit much, I added some subtle trim, bamboo strips, to the upper and lower edges of my cupboard doors just to break it up. It still retains the brightness, but is not like being inside a refrigerator.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
Name: Patrick
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
The fellow looking in the trash, just wondering about the dog tag around his neck. Returning soldier? Or-----?
Not a military dog tag. Military has two tags, one on a large chain and another on a small chain. The one in the picture is attached to the chain by small split ring. Military tags have the chain running through the hole.

Patrick Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
Trailer: 1974 Ventura
You're the bees knees Patrick Mc !! Thank you so much for identifying that tag. I personally have never seen tags first hand so I appreciate your explanation. Bonnie, in Port Hardy
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
I like the ball slide tray and location for the batteries. The Oliver does look like a very nice trailer with some progressive design modifications to the old standard form. I hope to see one up close sometime soon.

Time K is offline   Reply With Quote