Question About Bigfoot Trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
I have had three Bigfoot trailers, all 4-season. As noted in an earlier reply to this thread, just look for the model number. Anything designated as a 2500 model is 4-season, the 1500 model is not. There are no 1500 models currently being manufactured, but there are used ones around. Trying to upgrade to four season is likely not feasible, other than replacing the windows with double pane. The most important feature of the four season is that the tanks are enclosed and insulated with ducted heat from the furnace routed to them and to interior plumbing. You water system is fully operational and protected as long as you keep the furnace going. I have camped in my Bigfoots well below zero F and the system works. Bigfoot would be a great choice for full-timing in winter conditions. There are a lot of people living in RVs in the North Dakota oil patch right now. Those without 4-season RVs are putting a lot of skirting underneath and using big heaters to keep the tanks from freezing.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #22

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Not that it matters to the 4-season discussion, but I believe the last model year before bankruptcy was 2008.

Derek
Derek Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot