Greetings from Ely, Nevada, on the way home from the Oregon Gathering.
Well, what should show up next to us in the RV park but this trailer. The owner came over and we had a mutual show and tell. He had considered the Casita
, but decided to buy the r-pod, which he's had since spring. They are on a 6-week shakedown cruise.
Initial positive impressions:
1. 6' 4" me can stand up in it with inches to spare!
2. It has a pop-out!
3. It cost $12,500!
4. It's 18' long.
5. It's very roomy inside - two people can actually pass each other without turning sideways.
6. It comes with a screen room that attaches where the awning
7. Has a rear hitch where the spare is hung. He has his bikes there for this trip.
8. It has a manufacture's weight
9. Didn't have to duck to enter the door!
Initial negative impressions:
1. Not molded fiberglass!
2. I'm thinking......
A very interesting small trailer.
Okay, adding a few of the owner's negative comments since I am short of any.
1. Black and gray water drains are separate.
2. It's low to the ground.
3. A few quality control issues with the fit and finish.