Rain and Condensation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #15
Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp

Originally Posted by SecondEventuality View Post
Hey All!

Be interested in what you have to share in regards to rain and window condensation. We will be using our TT without A/C most of the time, in high elevations, dew/condensation is very likely to occur, etc. The TT's that we are considering: Escape, Parkliner, Casita and Scamp. All others are either too expensive, interior specs like height issues, etc.

ROOF FAN: We're VERY stuck on a MAXXAIR fan for the roof and do not want a FantasticFan, and it appears that only Escape and Parkliner have this as a feature. If we did consider buying a TT without a MAXXAIR, how easy is this to swap out? And if so, then will this compromise the seal, which will invariably leak in the long-term?

WINDOWS: We would prefer to have windows that can stay open during heavy rain. We see that Parkliner wins here with their vent windows with screens (standard), which is a great selling point for us. The Escape has double-pane, which is great for preventing dew and condensation, but it appears they can't be open during heavy rain. We see that MAXXAIR has window/maxx, but we've read in other threads that it can compromise the security of the trailer and they can only open 4 inches at a time anyway. It appears that Scamp have a combo of both slider/jalousie, and I have to admit, I don't think this style of jalousie windows are attractive at all. Casita's have all sliders.

BED CONDENSATION: We read in another thread that one ParkLiner owner who had their bed set up all the time noticed condensation forming under the cushions during colder temps and bought the Hypervent Marine to lay under it. Since we will be leaving our bed setup all the time as well, we are wondering about this for a Parkliner or any other trailer. Have you experienced this in yours?

I'm sure there are other workarounds we have not even found yet, too.

A Max/Fan can be installed in any trailer roof. I have installed twin the roofs of Bigfoot's Trailers.

FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote