Rays-camper-trailers-rv-parts-toys. AKA: Rodeo_Ray - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
outdoorsports4one

Hello everyone, E-Bay has suspended the site of:

Rays-Campers-Trailer-RV-Parts-Toys, AKA: Rodeo_Ray

I had purchased through E-Bay/Pay-Pal two seperate items from this individual back in August of this year. Today 02/Oct/06 These items have not been seen/received.

Due to no responses either through e-mail, or attempted "Other" contacts todate, E-Bay has suspended Rodeo_Rays right to sell, and Pay-Pal is investigating.

The site most frequented/self referred by this individual is the U-Haul Camper site.

If this status changes, I will make changes as they occur.

Note: the items I sought to purchase were the U-Haul fberglass trailers' exterior door hindges, and breather flange.

If anyone should know where replacements for these items can be found, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Dez

outdoorsports4@hotmail.com
Old 10-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
I had the same problem with this seller in the early summer. I bought some weather strip and trimlock. It took about 7 weeks to receive the items and he wouldn't respond to emails to keep me updated like he should have. It is a shame because he did offer alot of useful things, although they weren't cheap. You may be surprised in a few weeks and have a package show up at your door like I did. Hang in there.
Lisa Rynearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:49 AM   #3

Trailer: Burro
I don't know Ray but have worked with him in the past.
I purchased some items from Ray (about 3 yrs ago ) before he started the ebay site shipping was very fast (like a couple days). I think now he uses a lot of 3rd party sources to get his items and it takes longer . Ray is also disabled .
AbenDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
He posted on his uhaul forum that his computer crashed about the beginning of August, and he hoped that people doing business with him would be patient. That was about the time that people began to experience problems on ebay too. Sounds as if the other moderators don't know his situation either. One mentioned that he had past health problems and that maybe they recurred.

CindyL
Old 10-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
dont no the man or ever did buisness but if his computer works good enough to make posts and add new items to the ebay site he should be able to contact his customers that are buying his stuff shouldent he ???
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
I bought an outside water filler port from him via e-bay last spring. Two days after paying for the order, I e-mailed him a short note as a follow-up, simply asking about the status of the order and if there was a tracking # on the shipment.

I found his reply to be insulting, condescending, and evasive. Although the part was received shortly after, I posted a negative feedback due to this abusive and insulting reply. His response in turn was to drop my subscription to his moderated Yahoo Group, Fiberglass Camper Forum.

If I hadn't made a simple inquiry, I would of been a "happy camper" and would of bought from him again. Instead, the whole transaction left me sour. All over a $10 part.

I'm not surprized that ebay pulled him, reviewing his feedback, I had noticed that he often was rude and arrogant toward those he did business with, not the sort of behavior ebay wants in their "powerseller" ranks.