real sad - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Name: Kenneth Mack
Trailer: 1984 13 FT SCAMP
real sad

I have a 1984 scamp that my wife and myself loves very much. we loved camping in it very much she talked about it very much. she enjoyed coming to read about others and their scamps.we camped a lot over our 50 years of marage and visted 49 states while camping. Very sad to say my wife passed away 1 15 15. Now I am hurting very much.donot think can camp in scamp again. every time I see it tears flow remember me in your prayers please.thanks every one hear at fiberglass rv I know she is in heaven and wanted me to let you here know that she is in heaven now . thanks Kenneth Mack Smith

thunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Dear Mr. Smith,
Please accept our sympathy for you in the loss of your wife. Your words touch all of us who are here because of our love of camping and spending time with our dearest ones. I hope your memories of those times will soon bring you comfort.
Tammie and Joel

Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
Name: Enigma
Trailer: Currently shopping
My deepest sympathy for your loss. I will remember you in my prayers, and as Tammie said, may your fond memories soon bring you comfort.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Kenneth, my deepest sympathy in the loss of your wife. Your words move me to cherish those I love and to make the most of every day I have with them. May God's presence and the precious memories of so many wonderful years together bring you comfort.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you're going through since I lost my wife of almost 50 years in May of 2013. Anyone who has not gone through it has no idea what it's like. I suggest that you do not make any decisions regarding selling your Scamp for at least a year. The first summer I took my EggCamper out three times and did not enjoy any of those times. Last winter I took it to Arizona and did enjoy it. I used it last summer and did enjoy it. Right now I'm back wintering in Arizona with it and enjoying it. The grief does get less intense as time passes but you're probably wondering how that could possibly be but it does. Hang in there, treasure and honor her memory. Lean on family and friends. They are so important.
rgrugg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #6
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Ken- my condolences as well! Wish there was something I could do or say. I've experienced 2 deaths in my family in '14 and it's been a wake-up call for me and the wife.

May God be with you with Divine comfort only He can bring....
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
Name: sharon
Trailer: Scamp
I'm so sorry for your loss Kenneth. I can tell you loved her very much & I'm sure she knew that. I know how much you're hurting, I lost my husband a couple years ago. trust me, it will get easier with time, just don't make any big decisions right now until your head clears. big hug
sharon_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Ken, my deepest sympathies for your loss. 50 years married is an amazing feat and you are very fortunate. What sharon says above is right on.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog -
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #9
Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Scamp 16'
South Carolina
Registry heart aches for you in the newness of the loss of your wife in your life. The Mr. and I are both widowed - 12 years ago each - and have walked your path. It is long and hard, but with time does come an easing of the crushing pain you feel right now and you will breathe again.

When my husband died I thought I'd never travel again willingly let alone enjoy it or be able to do it by myself. After a time that changed and I came to step out on my own and see some new places solo for a year or before the Mr. came into my current life. If you can bear it hang on to your Scamp for just a bit....the memories there are precious even so they bring tears at the moment. There may just come a moment when you can hear the universe speak to your heart about the rightness of keeping it and stepping on or letting it go for another wandering soul to enjoy.

Holding you close in thought as you begin this journey through the darkness that now surrounds you. Please feel free to private message Craig or myself if you feel comfortable doing so. We cannot ease your sorrow, we can can lend a listening ear.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #10
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Kenneth my sincere condolances.

She will always be with you where every your journeys takes you. Many days remembering that will make you cry but with time it will also make you smile, often both. Time will never take away the memories or the pain of your loose but it will eventually allow you to see that there are still things in life that make you happy and smile even though the journey to finding them is different than it was in the past.

Big hugs to you!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #11
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Ken---listen to the wisdom of all of these kind folks who've written ahead of me. Some have walked in your shoes, others, like me, simply ache for your loss.

Making big decisions too early might prove to be a mistake. If seeing the Scamp in your driveway/yard is too hurtful, perhaps storing it somewhere else for a while might help.
May you find the strength to carry on and know that, here, you will always find support, friendship and kindness.
My deepest condolences.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #12
Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Kenneth.....My heart goes out to you! I know the others are right you grief will fade and the good memory's will stay! Then you will be able to take your Scamp out camping and remember all the good times the two of you had in it and it will make you feel close to her again.
I have a Cessna 140 air plane my Dad and I rebuilt, for the longest time I missed him so much I could not bring my self to fly it.(He was my best Friend) But now every time i go up in her I can feel him sitting right next to me, it always brings me GREAT COMFORT and JOY.
I will keep you in my Prayers!
If you think you are to small to make a difference just try sleeping with a mosquito - The Dally Lama
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #13
Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 13 2014
Michigan, Blue Water Area
Kenneth, we are so sorry for your loss. It must be devastating after your long happy life together. To repeat what many have said earlier, time will help you heal. That probably sounds unbelievable to you now, but it will. I'm sure your wife would want you to live your life to the fullest until you are together again. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom & Joanne
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #14
Name: Rod
Trailer: 1984 Dolphin
Kenneth, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. Try to hang strong.

Ace57 is offline   Reply With Quote