Recent post on ParkLiner Facebook page - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Recent post on ParkLiner Facebook page

FYI...

Just wanted to say a huge "THANK YOU ALL" to the folks at ParkLiner for the opportunity to tour the production shop and have an in-depth introduction to the awesome ParkLiner product by Chandler and Tom yesterday. I dare say I have never had so much detailed information available to me regarding ANY product I have ever dealt with. Tom Bass was exceptionally accommodating by having our group of 4 over to his private home to go through his fully optioned ParkLiner from one end to the other, operate every piece of equipment, set up every configuration of sleeping and sitting arrangements, Wow is all I can say!!!! Thanks Again ParkLiner, and I will be back.
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 07-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Photo's or we don't believe it happened

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Photo's or we don't believe it happened
ROFL!!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Parkliner Visit

Well, deryk, I personally would not photograph another man's production facility unless I asked permission to do so but even so, the good folks at Parkliner have absolutely nothing to hide as far as i can see. In fact, Chandler is very happy to answer any and all questions as they relate to the evolution of the ParkLiner travel trailer, the special engineering challenges, the innovative solutions to those challenges, and the ongoing pursuit of the ultimate fiberglass camper. Every single feature and detail is rooted in a practical consideration of functionality and value to the customer. If you have not been to see the birthplace of the ParkLiner, you need to schedule a visit. It was definitely a great day for me.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #5

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcastle View Post
Well, deryk, I personally would not photograph another man's production facility unless I asked permission to do so but even so, the good folks at Parkliner have absolutely nothing to hide as far as i can see. In fact, Chandler is very happy to answer any and all questions as they relate to the evolution of the ParkLiner travel trailer, the special engineering challenges, the innovative solutions to those challenges, and the ongoing pursuit of the ultimate fiberglass camper. Every single feature and detail is rooted in a practical consideration of functionality and value to the customer. If you have not been to see the birthplace of the ParkLiner, you need to schedule a visit. It was definitely a great day for me.
I'm on my way down there this weekend Robert, getting in probably Saturday mid-afternoon, and leaving our ParkLiner there for the week for some work.

We love our ParkLiner, and I am very much looking forward to visiting their plant for the first time. It is without question among the best designed small travel trailers money can buy. I know, because we spent a lot of time researching a bunch of them.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #6

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Robert, I've been there and own ParkLiner 003! And I did take a bunch of photo's with permission while I was there. I was just busting Frank's chops lol.

Safe journey bringing your ParkLiner home!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #7

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Hi Frank
My husband and I are coming down this weekend to see Tom's Parkliner and see the plant. I already have my new Town and Country with a tow package sitting in my driveway. I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Hi Frank
My husband and I are coming down this weekend to see Tom's Parkliner and see the plant. I already have my new Town and Country with a tow package sitting in my driveway. I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!
Really?!? Maybe we'll get to meet. If all goes well, I should be there after lunch sometime Saturday and will give Tom a call to get into the plant with 006. When are you guys gonna be there ya think?

By the way, I'll be in a midnight blue metallic extended cab '01 F150.

Safe travels!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #9

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Really?!? Maybe we'll get to meet. If all goes well, I should be there after lunch sometime Saturday and will give Tom a call to get into the plant with 006. When are you guys gonna be there ya think?

By the way, I'll be in a midnight blue metallic extended cab '01 F150.

Safe travels!

Frank
Parkliner is supposed to fix a couple of things on my trailer next week too. Waiting on Tom to get back to me with date and time.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #10

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Parkliner is supposed to fix a couple of things on my trailer next week too. Waiting on Tom to get back to me with date and time.
Cool! That Tom Bass fellow is okay in my book!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #11

Michigan
I have enjoyed many conversations with Tom, he has gone through every option with me, taken all my calls and just been delightful. I am sure looking forward to this weekend.

Pat
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #12

Michigan
Well I don't see my reply to Frank so if this is a duplicate I apologize. We will be there around the same time as you, 12:00 or 1:00. We will be driving a sand color Town and Country. Perhaps we will get to see #006 and we are also planning on a tour of the plant and a look through Tom's trailer…..
Old 07-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Did they mention anything about denying warranty work when you need it, making folks wait around until they make and sell six more trailers?

"We have been put off indefinitely (mid to late July) for warranty repair on our ParkLiner trailer.

From the sounds of things, they are operating on a shoestring budget and have 6 new trailers to get out the door to have sufficient cash flow to do warranty repair. As a person involved with business development (I'm a commercial lender), I can understand that. As a ParkLiner owner, it is difficult. We rented a condo on the Outer Banks for the week after next to wait for our trailer to be serviced, based on communication we had with the company in late January. Now, a week before we were to leave, we've been put off.

All I can say is I hope they stay in business long enough for our trailer to get fixed. Otherwise it's going to very pricey to pay for out of my thin wallet. I also do not get much time off, so once they do get back to me and I have to run down to NC again, I'm wondering how I'm going to swing that!"
Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #14

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Well I don't see my reply to Frank so if this is a duplicate I apologize. We will be there around the same time as you, 12:00 or 1:00. We will be driving a sand color Town and Country. Perhaps we will get to see #006 and we are also planning on a tour of the plant and a look through Tom's trailer…..
Excellent Pat! Hope to meet you. Can't wait to get down there. Leaving tomorrow around noon.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #15

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Did they mention anything about denying warranty work when you need it, making folks wait around until they make and sell six more trailers?

As a person involved with business development (I'm a commercial lender), I can understand that.
I'm glad they're still in business Ken, that's all I can tell you. Tom Bass has turned the company around, and I fear without him, they would be out of business now, and I would be down a well known creek!

It seems like no one here has ever made a mistake. God bless you all. Must be nice.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #16
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
This thread has been temporarily closed, with several posts removed because they are either argumentative or have quoted an argumentative (and now removed) post. The moderating team will review the discussion and reinstate the content ASAP.

Please remember to be respectful of each other.

STOP the bickering. (Put a little love in your heart.)

IF you encounter an inappropriate post, PLEASE report it to the Moderating Team. We will do our best to address the issue(s) in a timely way.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner