Recommend Small Portable Gas BBQ & Elec Htr? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 13 ft Scamp
I will be using the new to me Scamp13 for the first time-next week at Hillapalooza . I would like to have some way to bbq/grill that uses propane.I would like to be able to use the same small green canister that my coleman stove uses. Looked at the Weber Baby Q. Great reviews,but$ 139 is steep and I can not tell if it uses the canisters. Suggestions wecome I am also concerned that the weather in Johnson City Tx maybe tooooooo cold for a first trip-low around 30 for all three nights. I need to buy a small elec heater to use. Thanks in advance to all my cyber camper friends for responses.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth TXorMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
We bought a Coleman Road Trip for our BBQ, but that's a bulky, pricey option. Hopefully others here have smaller, cheaper options in mind.

As for an electric heater, we bought a cube-shaped, fan-driven heater from Walmart for under $20. Works pretty well.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I have a Weber Baby Q and also this Weber portable grill which is smaller and lighter than my baby Q. Both use the green canisters.
Attached Thumbnails
weberGrill.jpg  
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
We have the Weber Q and it has been a fabulous grill. It uses the long thin plumbers propane cartridges but with a simple modification, removing the wire cylinder holder(one screw) it will take the same cylinder your coleman stove does.
Even better, we just got an extra propane tank with a three outlet tree and hoses so that the grill, stove, lantern etc. can run off of the refillable propane tank for quite a bit less money then the 16oz bottles.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
California
I got a nice one at WallyWorld for $40. It seems to work well and looks like it will last. Not too big either. It uses the green canisters.

I've had the cheapy $20 ones, and they just don't last.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I have been using a CADAC Safari grill for several years even though not cheap (around $100) it is really compact and has many options and it folds up and stores in it's own bag. It will even stow under the Scamp front seat side stowage compartments. The only draw back is you have to wash the drip pan and grill prior to storage but it is easy to clean up. Mine does not have the WOK so the newer model may be a bit larger than mine. Attached is the Camping World link but you may find it cheaper some place else.
Eddie
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/...gas-grill/37763
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Hi Elizabeth,

We'll see you at Hillapalooza next weekend! Don't worry about the weather, with this group you'll have so much fun you won't even know it's cold. Plus, there will be a fire going almost all the time in the covered outdoor fire pit with tons of firewood.

Pick up a 1500w ceramic heater at Walmart and you'll be roasty toasty. I love my Weber Baby Q grill, and yes it can take the one pound canisters if you don't want to hook it up to the big propane tanks with a hose.

brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny B
Elizabeth,

Don't worry, 30's at night is not a problem. If you want extra protection cover your windows with Reflectix at night. We use a small cube heater that we got on sale at Target for $4 in our 17' and it does the job. Because space is an issue, we use a Coleman single burner Fold-n-Go. Works great for us. Picked it up for about $70.

Happy trails!

Johnny

Tags
propane