Reducing allergens - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
see it roll down the road behind a different vehicle.
I didn't look. That way I avoided looking like a gooey sentimental fool to the new owners.

It really has hit me hard. That trailer was my life raft on many occasions.. fires, floods, homelessness, sort of (If ya got an RV, you are never homeless)

The winnie will be a new adventure for sure. I need to start all over. But the few things I have done to bring it back to life have been satisfying.

I have structural priorities (It leaks really bad) but the "Fun" stuff will follow. Because of the animals, the carpet has GOT to go, and as soon as possible.

No carpet is the main reason the Burro was so clean.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Sniff, sniff I'll cry for you Gina. But, that old adage about when one door closes... you need to do what you needed to do... and there may be another molded trailer in your life. Having you amongst the group is great for the rest of us, just because you sold your trailer doesn't mean you'll suddenly go through a brain-drain. We value your knowledge, skills and abilities

See ya this summer

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #17
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We know how you felt when The McMansion left your world ... leaves a big empty tire print! However, on the "Whoo-Hoo" side of the equation, congrats on the quick sale! We knew that would happen. Should be back in Q next week - see ya and the "Running Hall" then. L 'n D

p.s. What you have done with the interior so far looks great! And we see the herd has settled in nicely, too.
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” A. Einstein
David & Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
had the mechanic here today doing a safety check, belts hoses brakes etc. He said it was in great running condition and safe to take cross country. That was a relief, tho I figured that when I bought it... or, I wouldn't have bought it LOL.

We will look forward to seeing you back!

Next weekend is roof resealing, going to use Eternabond. It is supposed to be the cats meow and.. eternal. I will post on its use as it relates to all RVs. Fiberglass ones have roof airs and vents and stuff.

btw.. it's "Running Hall" not *the* Running Hall. Like Wembley Hall or King George Hall..something snooty like that
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #19
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
I recently found and tried a product for removing odors from carpets, furniture, tile. and cement. I recently had a very frightened male feral cat get in my house and before my Vet and I got him out he had sprayed very generously. I tried several standard products but the combination of the perfume in the cleaners and the cat urine was gross. And they didn't remove the odor. I saw a review of "Clean the Air" Pet Odor Eliminator in a newsletter I get. The thing that caught my attention was that it contains no perfume. It is also all natural, earth friendly, and will not harm children or pets. It is sold at Petco so I figured it was worth a try as no matter how much I cleaned I could still smell my little visitor's presents. I tend to be very skeptical of product claims but this stuff works. I just sprinkled it into the carpets and spread it on the tile and grout. Let it set over night and vacuumed it up. So far no lingering odor. Costs $9.99 at Petco.
PC legal statement: don't own it (wish I did) or sell it. Just a satisfied user. Hope it works as well for you.

HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote