regarding oak interiors - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #15
Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15
We like the look of the oak in our Escape , it's light and oak is a good hard durable wood that can take a fair bit of wear . Love cherry but I think the cost would go up considerably and wear and tear would be more noticeable . Maple or birch.....natural they get pretty yellow over time ( especially birch - which is often used in place of or passed off as maple ) .... Painted wood ...something I wood do if it were very worn out looking . Foil coated doors ...hmm ..that's just MDF or HDF thanks ....( MDF is heavier ) . Everything ETI uses is really well thought out and cleanly put together . It is easy enough to add " fluff stuff" to dress up and personalize ..... Yup we really like our Escape with the light Oak !

bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #16
Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
I was buying some lumber for a project a few days ago and as I was lifting some fairly small pieces thought how heavy the campers are with full wood trim. Granted I love wood and they look great but that weight thing. I did replace all my doors with birch wish I could afford birds eye maple! Love that stuff.

Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:21 AM   #17
Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Our LiL Snoozy has light oak cabinetry. There is no MDF or particle board in this trailer. it is all solid oak or oak plywood.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #18
Name: Martin
Trailer: 1993 CASITA 16SD
The red oak stile-and-rail doors I made for my Casita weigh less than half the weight of the OEM composite.
CASITA BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #19
Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I like all species of real wood, but dislike mdf. The fake oak-look mdf doors in our Scamp are still there only because they are in excellent shape and I have about 700 other projects!
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #20
Name: Thomas
Trailer: 22' Home Built
For me(and this is just me) I think hickory with a clear or "cider" finish is the most beautiful. The lighter tones and varying hues just looks so good. But I haven't seen it done in a trailer. We re-did a bathroom in Hickory in our present home and a complete kitchen in our last home and never tired of it. It appears more natural (and expensive) to my eye.
OhTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #21
Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
I hate the Casita "oak" and mdf in general, I went with knotty pine in 2 trailers now and with 3-4 coats of polyurathane for protection. It seems to get nicer and richer every year. But then again, I am cheap and hardwood gets expensive when you screw up.

Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote