Remedial Marriage Manual - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #15
Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I learned in a college psychology class that women are unhappy by nature and need a reason to be happy . Men are happy by nature and need a reason to be unhappy . I discredited the theory as sexist in my youth but now that I am older ,with a wife ,4 daughters and 7 granddaughters , I wonder ?

After 40 plus years of marriage Marilyn is almost as happy as me,,,,,,,,,,,

FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #16
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
I'm hating and loving this thread.

"Women have a stockpile of tragedies that they draw upon during conversation. Their discussions seem to be a competition to tell the most tragic story."

I have never felt this in talking to women, maybe because most women I talk to are Ginny or her family. My immediate RV friends, many heavy travelers or formerly heavy travelers, are all talking about travels and fun.

We had a birthday brunch party with 14 mostly traveling type RV friends today. The discussion was of places, funny road events, jokes and song. Certainly the Mimosas, and Bloody Marys did not hurt.

My first mentor told me if you're not having fun do something else. Life should be about creating good times for self and others and no one's happiness is more important your partner.

Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #17
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Norm, I hope I don't come across as being down on women. I love them. I am happily married to one, and I have three daughters. But I stand by my observation. I suspect that it has to do with the caution necessary when raising children. Cautionary tales seem to be popular. I think caution is as valuable as risk.

I also think the gender gap closes as we age. I have noticed that my wife is now more likely to talk triumphs then tragedies. I tend to complain more.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #18
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16

I really believe there's a lot of humor in this thread but some truth as well. Truth can be funny as well.

As I've aged I complain less recognizing I can't do much about anything except myself. I do recognize how good life can be.

I know politicians like to bring up visions of the 'gender gap'. I'm certain it was that way in the past. For today's young people not so much, women are dominating at Universities and in many fields. I look at our granddaughter and she's doing very well as an engineer.
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #19
Name: Evelyn
Trailer: Bigfoot
Oregon Coast
Thank you, dear Lord, for allowing me to be happily SINGLE! This way I get to be always right or always wrong with no-one around to point out the difference.

Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote