Remember that missing Oregon family? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
...but for a different reason!

Apparently they are wanted on drug charges. The warrant for their arrest was brought to the "front burner" after their brush with fame a few days ago.

When police knew who and where they were, they decided to serve the warrant and arrest them. Only they're gone again!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12046823/
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Oh, but they're such nice folks... I'm sure they'll drive straight back to Snowflake and turn themselves in...

Frankly, if they don't ever return to Arizona, it doesn't sound like Apache County will ever extradite from outside the state.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
"Yeah, I'll go on Good Morning America when I'm a wanted felon. Nobody will recognize me."

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
The Police in Long Beach,Washington have arrested the Higginbotham, this was on the evening news here in Medford, Oregon
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Good. Maybe they can be kept off the road for a while. I wouldn't want to meet them on the hiway or to camp next to them!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #6

Bob, you'd be shocked at how many folks you camp next to are wanted on warrants somewhere.

Roger
Old 03-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Bob, you'd be shocked at how many folks you camp next to are wanted on warrants somewhere.

Roger
That's the thing about camping. I love camping, we as a family love camping. You can meet the nicest people in a campground. Even more so at a Fiberglass rally. Everyone pretty much has the same "mentality" towards camping and what it should be.

Unfortunately, and I hope I don't offend with these comments, (moderators feel free to delete if necessary) there is also the "trashy neighbors" side to camping. It's the loud, drunken, not watching their kids, 15 dogs type of campers that also show up (and camp next to us!).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice cold beer (or glass of wine ) while camping. And we let our kids go off and explore. We just don't do that in a manner that offends anyone else. (hopefully).

I guess that's the end of my rant.
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #8

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Quote:
That's the thing about camping. I love camping, we as a family love camping. You can meet the nicest people in a campground. Even more so at a Fiberglass rally. Everyone pretty much has the same "mentality" towards camping and what it should be.

Unfortunately, and I hope I don't offend with these comments, (moderators feel free to delete if necessary) there is also the "trashy neighbors" side to camping. It's the loud, drunken, not watching their kids, 15 dogs type of campers that also show up (and camp next to us!).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice cold beer (or glass of wine )while camping. And we let our kids go off and explore. We just don't do that in a manner that offends anyone else. (hopefully).

I guess that's the end of my rant.
Jeremy,
I think we have all had the misfortune to camp next to that family!

We are older and our children are grown, so I think we have even less tolerance toward the group you describe.

You mention that you like to let your kids go and explore, and that is GREAT. As old curmudgeons, here is what we LOVE to see. Kids climbing around, sliding down hills and mountains, squeeling with delight, finding bugs, worms, and generally getting absolutely filthy. We also love to see them learning to fish, hike, and again, playing in the dirt. It is also fun to see them staining their clothes beyond hope while making smores, and drinking hot chocolate around the campfire.

I am afraid we are on the side of the kids when Mom and Dad get frustrated. They just get them cleaned up and in new clothes, and five minutes later they are a mess. It is so much easier being a grandparent. And we also think too many kids are kept too clean these days.

Sounds like you are responsible parents----enjoy---those kids will grow up fast!

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #9

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Funny thing is that these people that we are ranting about may be the best people that you`ve ever camped next to...you never know....a lot of people like that try to keep a low profile and not attract attention.....apparently that`s how the local biker gang likes to operate......Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
I'm new here and this is fun- talking about "camping".

We had a big pop-up tent camper when the kids were little, and did a lot of travel and camping that way in the past.

I don't think my kids bothered anyone.... we would spend a lot of time hiking and all that good stuff- went to bed when it got dark!

The thing we didn't like about "camping" was the folks who insisted on blaring RADIOS- or even having TV's going, too. I thought that they were trying to give their kids a chance to expand their minds and get away from all that?

We also didn't like the folks who indeed would have a dozen people, drinking and sitting up late playing cards and getting really loud..... the ones you would have to go and be polite and mention the camp's rules about QUIET after ten o'clock!!!! I have to admit we got really wicked sometimes, and if we ended up next to someone who kept us up late- why, in the morning- we'd make a LOT of noise on purpose.

Where ever we camped- if allowed to- we'd request the primitive campsites with no hookups of any kind, even electricity- to put the camper into, to get away from those sorts of people!
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I'm new here and this is fun- talking about "camping".

We had a big pop-up tent camper when the kids were little, and did a lot of travel and camping that way in the past.

I don't think my kids bothered anyone.... we would spend a lot of time hiking and all that good stuff- went to bed when it got dark!

The thing we didn't like about "camping" was the folks who insisted on blaring RADIOS- or even having TV's going, too. I thought that they were trying to give their kids a chance to expand their minds and get away from all that?

We also didn't like the folks who indeed would have a dozen people, drinking and sitting up late playing cards and getting really loud..... the ones you would have to go and be polite and mention the camp's rules about QUIET after ten o'clock!!!! I have to admit we got really wicked sometimes, and if we ended up next to someone who kept us up late- why, in the morning- we'd make a LOT of noise on purpose.

Where ever we camped- if allowed to- we'd request the primitive campsites with no hookups of any kind, even electricity- to put the camper into, to get away from those sorts of people!
The get away from the loud neighbors was why I started backpacking. I usually don't like campgounds. Prefer to find a "dispersed" camping spot.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #12

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

My wife and I camped with 4 kids fro 8 to 1. The kids were always having fun without bothering anyone. It seemed like older couples seemed to adopt our kids almost every night, they would come over and say how well behaved they were.

I have 2 questions;
1) Where did those well behaved kids go when they became teenagers?
2) Were we supposed to clean them up once in a while?? Only kidding.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #13

We have a self-cleaning oven, an automatic dishwasher, clothes washer, and I take my car to an automatic car wash. I thought kids were self-cleaning too! You mean you have to wash them manually? Let me call my 24 year old son and see if he's ever been cleaned in some fashion...

Roger
Old 03-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #14

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Hello! The issue was camping next to someone with methamphetamine and firearms. That's what I don't want!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Hello! The issue was camping next to someone with methamphetamine and firearms. That's what I don't want!

Give me boring ol' pot anyday, I'm with you, when the crack and guns show up....I'm outta there...

Bob,

Teenagers are God's way of you being able to let go!!!
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote